7. Like A River Flows

It's been a week since Niall realises he loved Harry, and they've gotten very bored of staying at each other's houses over the holidays.

Sitting in Harry's house is boring them to death when the sun is out and they could out somewhere together. Harry is just staring out the window, and he doesn't even realise how Niall is staring at him, staring at him with so much love and adoration, forever wishing that maybe just maybe, Niall could get a possible taste of his lips. Just once.

"We really need to go somewhere," Harry says turning to face the blonde boy who it's his turn to not realise how much he's staring, Harry waves his hand gently in Niall's face, Niall is knocked out his trance and smiles at Harry, "come on, Niall, let's go somewhere!" Harry practically pleads.

Niall can't help but love the way his name sounds falling from Harry's lips, especially his full name, Harry usually just uses a nickname.

"Yeah," Niall says, not really paying attention, Harry notices this and laughs lightly at his best friend.

"What's got into you lately? You finally got a crush on someone or something?" Niall shakes his head. He hasn't got a crush... he's already in love.

"Nope," Harry does this stupid adorable smirk that all boys do when they find something funny and it melts Niall's heart, "why?"

"You just seem so much happier recently, it's been nice to see you this way, so I wondered if someone had snuck into that heart of yours," Niall shakes his head.

"Ah right," Harry says more to himself, "come on where can we go today? It's early, we need to go somewhere Nialleeerrr," Harry whines.

"I don't know, let's go to town?" Harry shakes his head.

"Too nice to waste the day on town, we can do that any day, today is nice out, think Ni, think!" Niall thinks for a few seconds where they could go. Then it hits him.

"We could go to the beach," Niall says, not thinking about the nice weather, but about the fact he'll be able to see Harry shirtless. And Harry's back muscles and abs, god Harry's abs.

"That's a great idea! Yes! We'll go the beach!" Harry agrees and Niall smiles because he's gonna see that boy shirtless and it's one of his favourite things ever.

"I've got swimming trunks you can borrow, and I have plenty of beach towels and games, ooo we can go surfing, I'll get my surf board!" Niall smiles at how excited Harry looks about going to the beach. they're both excited for completely different reasons.

Harry drags Niall by his wrist and Niall winces a little as there's scars there and they hurt when grabbed harshly and Harry instantly realises and lets him go.

"Oh Niall I'm so sorry, I forgot, I got too excited, ah, sorry! Does it hurt?" Niall nods because he doesn't ever lie to Harry.

But butterflies erupt in every body part of Niall when Harry pushes his sleeve back a little bit and brings his wrist to his lips and places a soft little kiss on his scars.

"There you go! Now let's go," Harry takes his hand and gently pulls him along this time. But for Niall more butterflies form.

They grab everything they'll be needing and Harry asks his much to drop them off at the beach and after she says she will, Niall thinks about his stomach.

"Ha-harry, urm-" Harry stops grabbing everything, he had already got all the towels and blankets and they both had put swimming trunks on, but now Harry stands in front of Niall and looks down at him.

"What's up?"

"My stomach, I-I'm scared to just wear trunks," Harry's eyes soften as Niall looks embarrassed and sad.

"I'll give you a t-shirt to wear if you want, what about your arms?" he wonders in a caring way.

"They're okay, after my mum gave me some scar oil they're almost gone," Harry nods in understanding and gets Niall one of his old t-shirts to wear.

"How's this one?" it's just plain black but Niall nods, it'll be okay.

Niall pulls the t-shirt over his head and it smells just like Harry, making Niall feel safe and secure.

When they're done, they get the surf board and Niall helps Harry put it on the car's roof bars.

Anne drops them off at the beach and tells Harry or Niall to text her when they want picking up, she'll be doing gardening all day so she can get them whenever and it's not as if the beach is that far away.

And they get right to it.