A Rude Awakening

"Maxo. Wake up Angel. Your mobile's ringing. Sorry." Chloe was holding the phone in her hand. The ringing ceased.

"Ungh. What time is it? How come didn't you answer it for me?"

"Because it's Vanessa. And it's just past seven."

"My mom? Oh crap. What in the hell does she want with me this early in the morning?"

"I dunno, but I'll bet it's definitely not the same thing that I want from you." Chloe said in a suggestive tone.

"Lemme wake up properly first before you pounce on me, Price – you know what I'm like in the morning."

"Yeah. Sorry. I did want to let you carry on sleeping, but that's the third time she's tried now. There's messages too."

Max took the phone from Chloe, rubbing her eyes in order to clear her vision so that she could focus on the screen.

"No way! Oh shit. Shitshitshit!"

"What? What's the matter?"

"I don't fucking believe this! Just fucking wonderful! Of all the goddamn days. Chloe, we gotta go."

"Max, tell me what the fuck's going on."

"She's here. Chloe, my mom's here. Already."

"Here? Like, as in 'she's in Arcadia Bay' here?"

"Yeah. She's at the house."

Before Chloe could respond her own phone began to ring. She briefly glanced at the screen before answering. Max was frantically searching the tree fort for her clothes. "Hi Mom...yeah. We know...yep. We're at the tree fort, yeah. Um. Hang on a sec." Chloe tapped Max on the back and passed her the canvas bag, rapidly nodding her head at the smaller girl. "Okay. I'm back. We're getting dressed now...ten minutes or so, I guess. Okay, see you soon. Bye Mom...Max, slow down and chill out. It's gonna be okay – I'll be there with you. Relax."

"I doubt it's gonna be okay, Chloe. I reckon she's going to totally batshit freak. I mean, we're together now, and we're engaged. Damn, this is probably going to be really, really bad. What's your mom told her?"

"Nothing, I reckon. Mom would leave it until we're all together. At least your dad will be there as well to back you up."

"He couldn't come, Chloe. He had to work. It's just my mom. Man, this couldn't be any worse."

"Dammit! I was looking forward to a morning grope as well."

"Don't you ever think about anything else?"

"Nope, not when your sexy little ass is in bed with me I don't." Chloe ran her hand over Max's behind. "It's just so small, slim and sexy. Fuck Max, you're so goddamn gorgeous. Come on. We've got time for just a little..."

"I wish. We'll have to postpone. But we'll definitely make up for it later. Promise. We haven't made love in your bed at home yet, have we? Now get dressed slowpoke."

"Mmmm. Sounds good. You'd deffo best keep that promise...ooooo. The swing's still in the garden. Hell yeah!"

"The swing? Seriously? You're completely out of control, you know that?" Max replied with a small smile.

"Wait until the first time we have the house to ourselves, Caulfield. And that didn't sound like a 'no' to me."

"That's because it wasn't."

"Max Caulfield, you're actually in danger of becoming a real wild child - I really am a good bad influence on you, aren't I?"

"The best. Now get your clothes on."

"Nope. I have a much better idea - you get your clothes off." Chloe grabbed Max and pulled her back into bed.

"Chloe! Gerroffme! Seriously. Cut it out." giggled Max.

"Go on – look me right in the eyes and tell me that you don't want me right now."

Max gazed into her lover's eyes. "Damn you Price. Why can I not resist you? Okay, but we have to be quick."

"Absolutely zero chance of that, Maxo. The mother-in-law from hell can wait while I ravish her daughter. Or do you want to ravish me?"

"Why choose? Let's do both." Max turned off her phone. "Turn yours off too. And I have one condition - this time I bite your neck."

"Ohhhhh fuuuuck. Do it. Do it Max. Do that to me. Bite me. All over. Please."

"Alright. If you insist. But tell me if it hurts too much."

"No way. I'm never going to stop you doing that to me. God I love you Max."

"Love you too Chloe." whispered Max.

Chloe moaned loudly as the smaller girl's teeth made contact with the pale skin of her neck.