The Leapers *Chap.4

~Hehehehehehe. I just watched the first Underworld movie! And now I feel like writing about some action! But, sadly, there will most likely be no action....maybe romance, but the action will come later!! Alright, I have no idea why, but I just can't manage to write a long chapter... I want this one to be atleast 3 pages long, but since I have school tomorrow, and have to go to bed by curfew, (haha, yeah, right!) I think I'll aim for 2 pages again. ;) Love you all!~

Chap. 4

The boy stared up at the Seeker in confusion. His eyes faded back into the bright green color that they were originally.

The Seeker smiled down at him; it wasn't a good smile. "One year," she whispered.

He looked up at her in confusion, and watched as she pushed his shirt up to his chest. A huge, black rose was now engraved into the mid-section of his stomach.

******************************************************************

I awoke; sitting up and startled. Why was I having dreams about the same thing twice? What was it even about?

It was still dark, and the night had gotten colder. I shivered, my teeth chattering together.

I looked down at Luke, watching the slow rise and fall of his chest. I traced down his cheek with my hand; his skin felt silky smooth. Unexpectedly, his hand caught mine, making me slightly jump. A slow smile spread across his face; his eyes were still closed.

"You feeling me up in my sleep?" Luke asked, chuckling.

I laughed, too. "No. Just, um, feeling your skin, I guess." I bit my lip, waiting for his reaction.

He just laughed again, making me sigh in relief.

It seemed like we did that a lot. Laughed. He made me happy, even though I'd only known him for a short period of time. It felt like I'd known him my whole life; he was familiar to me.

"You make me happy," I whispered, not even regretting it. I was too happy to regret anything at the moment.

"Really?" He asked in my ear, making me shiver again.

He pulled me back against him, the side of my body molded perfectly with his.

"Luke?" I asked, making him turn and face me. Good, I liked this a lot better. I could actually see his face.

"Yeah?"

"How long do you think this is going to last?" I asked. It was a horrible thought, but I still needed to know. How long would he actually put up with me?

"How long is what gonna last?"

"You and me," I whispered, hoping that he couldn't hear me. I was afraid of his answer.

"What do you mean, you and me?" He asked, his eyes filling with alarm. "Are you really already getting tired of me?"

"No!" I exclaimed in surprise. I thought that he would get sick of me! "No. I'm not sick of you at all. I was actually thinking about the other way around. "

"What?!" He laughed at me. "I could never get sick of you!"

"But how can you be sure of that?" I murmured against his shoulder, making my voice sound muffled.

He sighed. "Jenna, your someone that I can talk to. Somebody who I can tell all of my secrets to. I honestly wouldn't care if you were an eighty year old drunk. You're a Leaper."

I chuckled. "So your saying that I could do pretty much anything, and get away with it? You wouldn't care if I started doing drugs and slitting my wrists, as long as I still talked to you?"

He frowned. "Of course I would care. You'd be harming your body by doing that. It'd be a shame....."

"Excuse me?"

"Your beautiful, Jenna," he whispered, making butterflies flutter in my stomach just like they did when he very first held my hand. Except this was different; it was stronger.

"Your just saying that," I said, making his eyebrows furrow in frustration.

"Why would I lie about something like that?" He asks.

I shrug.

"It's true, Jenna," he tells me, tracing his hand down my jaw line . "Any guy in the world would be stupid not to see that."

"Thanks," I whisper.

He inched his way closer to mine, his warm breath washing over my face. He smelt like strawberry jam and peanuts. I closed my eyes, thinking that that was what I was supposed to do. That's what people always do in the movies, right?

And then the sound of crickets filled my ears. I gasped and opened my eyes. "What?" Luke asked frantically, thinking that he'd done something wrong.

"Crickets!!!" I shouted. I hopped off of the mattress, and out of the trunk. I ran all the way to the big field that we'd stopped by.

"Where are you going?" Luke called out, but I didn't reply. He could figure that out on his own.

The grass was about knee high, making it a perfect place for all of the crickets to hide. I sprinted through the field, watching all of the crickets hop in the air and out of my way. They were literally everywhere.

I giggled to myself, remembering my childhood. I was fascinated with bugs, but mainly crickets. I loved when they sang. At least I called it singing. I thought it was amazing how they spoke just by rubbing their wings together.

I ended up laying down in the grass, looking back up at the sky. The sun was finally starting to rise. Luke joined me not much later.

"Crickets, huh?" He asked.

I giggled. "They're one of my many childhood obsessions."

He shook his head, a gigantic grin plastered on his face. He closed his eyes in an attempt to fall back asleep.

And then, without even thinking, I leaned over, forhead to forhead, and pressed my lips against his.

~YAY! I seriously hope this was atleast two pages long! Haha. Anyways, vote and comment please! Your guys' comments make me sing inside! Lol. Hope you guys liked it, Love, MEEEEE!~