Chapter 9

Rose and Lillie crouched beside Danny, tears pouring down their faces. "Danny, please don't be dead, please!", sobbed Lillie.

She shook her brother, his blood staining her hands. Rose rubbed Lillie's back. She looked up, but quickly looked down at her brother again.

Rose sighed and wrapped her arms around Lillie's waist. She pulled Lillie back, away from Danny. Lillie fought and screamed, but Rose kept pulling her farther away.

She got to the other side of the room.

Lillie eventually stopped fighting Rose and just cried into her shoulder. They stayed there a long time before Lillie had stopped crying enough to were she could talk. She looked up at Rose, her cheeks and nose red, eyes wet.

"What is your name?", asked Lillie. Rose smiled.

"Blue Rose Mystic and I'm 16.", she answered. Lillie looked puzzled.

"That wasn't my sister's name. Mom told me her name was something like Treva Lei Randella Waire. People called her Ella." She looked at Rose again.

Rose was puzzled now. But then she remembered.

"My teachers found me in the woods when I was 5. They told me I was unconcious and when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything. Not even my name. So they gave me one."

Lillie's face brightened. "So you really could be my sister! My name is Saila Lillianna Harp Waire, and I'm twelve!", she said excitedly.

Then her smile disappeared and her expressions changed from sad to angry in the blink of an eye. Lillie threw a pointed finger in Danny's direction.

"And that was Ralphie Daniel Waire." She was trembling now and Rose could see she was going to cry.

"It'll be alright.", she said and pulled Lillie into her arms.

She would do everything she could to keep her sister safe.

~The Next Day~

Rose woke up to a loud noise. Her arms were around Lillie and they were sitting in a corner. She tried to get up without waking up Lillie, but ended up waking her anyway.

"What is it?", Lillie whispered.

"I don't know.", Rose whispered back. She stood up and looked around. Then Lillie gasped behind her and she spun around.

Lillie was pointing at something and Rose looked where Lillie was looking and her heart stopped.

There . . . stood Tyler and Todd.

~Please vote and comment!!!