Part 1: Chapter 10

"So, uh, hate to break up the family reunion," Samael said stiffly as he looked around the room heedfully. "But it's time to get out of here," his eyes narrowed down on even the smallest details of the building. "We have to go. Now."  

"Go where?" Zach and I said at the same time, making Samael sigh slowly, close his eyes in irritation, and start walking away. 

"Great. Now I have to take care of an idiot and it's clone," he huffed as he started moving towards what I thought looked like the entrance of the building, shifting into a different person's skin as he walked. 

Couldn't he be nice for two minutes? Seriously? I thought I was going to lose my brother – the only person that I have an actual chance of being related to. And besides the fact that he was related to me, he was my other half. He was there for me through everything... Even with some rough patches here and there. But I mean, all siblings get into those rough patches. It's nothing new. 

Yet, even though we were close, I never imagined I would be this concerned for him. When we were little and Zachary was rushed to the ER due to a horrible allergic reaction that almost killed him, do you know what I did? I look at him with boredom, hating him for being allergic to something and wishing mom would just take me home already. 

But, when I saw Samael about to kill him I felt a part of me die. Instantly. And even now I could feel the emptiness of it lurking; it was like an annoying piece of the puzzle inside of me was missing. 

If Samael was being impatient and a complete prick to me because I wanted my brother alive, then I have no respect for him anymore.

"Suck my dick," I sneered to him with my own set of narrowed eyes as I helped my poor brother get up onto his feet, careful not to hurt him. 

"Michelle, you don't have a-"

"Hurry up. We're wasting time," Samael responded passive-aggressively as he swiftly swung the doors open with just a wave of his hand, and let them swing shut with just as much force once he was safely outside – with not a single sweat. 

I, on the other hand, was hauling my barely-conscious brother towards the door in a very ungraceful way, trying not to trip over my own feet. For some reason, Zach was a lot heavier than normal. On a regular day, I could lift his whole body up with just my pinky. Now, I was doubled over and squeezing onto him tightly so that he and I wouldn't fall. 

When I got to the door I could barely stand on my legs. What the hell was Zach's problem? Why was he so fucking heavy? Exactly how much pussy did he eat? 

"Zach, work with me here," I growled as I tried opening the heavy doors. When I saw my attempts were failures and would continue to be failures I stifled a scream and said, "Samael! I need your help! Open the door!" 

Nothing was his reply – speaking for both actions and words. 

"Samael, please!" I whined while I leaned Zach against the wall next to the door so that I could regain some energy. Once my breathing was leveled I started trying to find a way to get out: turning the knob, pushing on the wooden, punching a hole into the hollow frame block. 

Nothing – and I mean absolutely nothing  – worked. 

"Samael!" I yelled one more time after waiting for a solid minute for his reply. When I saw I was going to get no reply from him I closed my eyes and took a slow breath in, trying to calm my temper. 

"First,  he chants about how we have to leave immediately. Then, he just shuts the door behind him and walks away. Now, I'm stuck in the building with a semi-conscious idiot and nowhere to go. A fucking brilliant life I'm having right now, huh?" I whispered to myself sarcastically as I clenched and unclenched my fists. 

'I just want to get out of this fucking building,' I said in my head in a defeated tone as I went to lean my head on the door. Only, the door wasn't what my face ended up touching. 

My head ended up eating a shit-ton of gravel from the floor instead. 

"What the fu-" 

I didn't end up finishing my sentence. 

Why?

Because as soon as I opened my eyes and looked up I saw, to my horror, why Samael wasn't replying back.