Scary Movies

You and Louis were having a lazy day in his apartment. One Direction finally had a day off, and Louis invited you over. You were both sitting on the couch watching a movie, and your hands were tangled in his hair, styling it differently than usual.

"Your hair looks so cute!"

'Well.. Is that a good thing? Should a 21 year old's hair look cute?” You glared at him.

"I’d say you’re pretty cute. That’s not a bad thing." He chuckled and kissed your lips lightly, then focused his attention back on the TV.

"So… You up for a movie later?" You nodded and left his side to grab your phone and look for movie times.

Later that night, Louis took you to a movie. Usually you would never go to a scary movie, but with Louis by your side, you figured you would make it through one.

"Are you sure? We can go see something else if you don’t want to." You ignored the voice in the back of your head telling you to say no and nodded. Once you were inside the theater, the movie started about five minutes later. ’Based on a True Story’ appears across the screen, and all you want to do is run out of the movie theater. Louis looks over at you and sees your face, full of terror. He leans over and whispers, “we can leave if you want”. You shake your head, determined to overcome your fear. He puts his arm around you and rests his hand on your thigh.

About halfway through the movie, you had your face buried in Louis’ shoulder, hands over your ears. Louis was so focused on you, he wasn’t really paying attention to the movie. He kept asking if you wanted to leave, being the protective boyfriend he is. When the credits came on the screen, he turned to you, and finally noticed the tear marks on your cheek.

"I told you we could leave if you were scared, love."

"I know.. I just.. Can we please just go home now?" He nodded and grabbed your hand, leading you out of the theater.

As soon as you got home, you were on edge at all times. You were in the kitchen grabbing some ice cream before heading to bed, and Louis came up behind you and grabbed your waist. You freaked out and elbowed him in the stomach, making him double over and groan.

"I’m sorry! Are you okay?" He put a hand up and nodded, and stood back up a few seconds later. You asked Louis to stay the night with you, and he agreed with no hesitation. You fell asleep in his arms, as close as possible to him.

In the middle of the night, you began tossing and turning because of a nightmare. Louis woke up and immediately tried waking you up. He straddled your waist and began shaking your shoulders.

"Lara! Wake up! C’mon babe, wake up!" After a few tries, you opened your eyes and sat up. You looked at Louis, who was still freaked out as well. Collapsing into his arms, you relaxed a little bit, knowing it was all a nightmare and Louis was still here.

"Just a dream, love. I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere, okay?" You nodded as he kissed the top of your head. "Want to talk about it?"

"Well.. I-I was on the w-way to y-your house, a-and when I got there someone was h-hurting you and I couldn’t do anything about it.." Louis sighed and brought you back into his arms.

"It wasn’t real, Lara. I’m right here. Go back to sleep, and I’ll be right here when you wake up. Alright?"

"Thanks.. I love you Lou."

"Love you too. Go to sleep sweetheart." He kissed your lips and laid down next to you, and didn’t calm down until you were fast asleep.