Chapter Three

The Wicked, Master Phantomhive

~

  Ciel had been so infuriated that he had left his office and searched the mansion for Elizabeth himself.

"Lizzy??"

The ballroom had been empty, along with the usual lobby she occupied. As he had crossed through the ballroom he noted an envelope on the floor. Hastily he scooped up the thick envelope and peeled out its contents. It had appeared to have fallen from a jacket pocket.

Once unfolded, his blue eye examined what had appeared to be a contract of some form. "What in the hell...?" It had been an unsigned contract consenting to a trade-linked marriage and grounds for divorce. The seal at the top of the paper read Count. Phillistine along with a long standing address.

The man who had made an appearance just a few minutes ago had come to the Phantomhive to swindle his wife into divorcing him? Probably figured she had known about his plans and other secretive information concerning the corporation. How dare he?!

"Lizzy!" Suddenly worry had consumed the Earl.

He had crumbled the paper in his hand as he paced the mansion in search of his wife, "Lizzy!!"
As he had turned a third corner he had been met with a pair of bright green eyes, "Yes?! Is something the matter?!" She had seemed worried and had appeared to have been running in her petite heels.

"Thank God, come." Ciel grabbed her arm gently and led her to his bedroom where they had some means of privacy.

"What's going on?"

"The man you'd just spoken to; did he give you his name?"

"He called himself a Count. Why?"

"Count Phillistine?"

"Something like that..."

"What did he say??"

"Umm, well let's see..." Elizabeth crossed her arms and had appeared to be thinking deeply.

"Something about you planning to expand to other countries..."

"Is that all? Are you sure? Did he propose to you?"

"Propose?!" Elizabeth had nearly howled in laughter, "Ciel are you jealous?"

"No, it's something more important than that, and let's be honest Lizzy. He is a Count. Why in the name of the Queen would I ever be jealous of a Count."

"Well he did not propose to me, He just inquired about your studies and plans. Once he found that I had known nothing about it he insulted me and Sebastian escorted him out."

Ciel had given a long sigh and sat on the side of the bed. "Is that all, dear? Nothing serious?" She inquired.

"Yes, that is all Lizzy."

She had taken a seat next to him and placed a hand on his leg, "Are you sure?"

Ciel looked down at her hand then back up at her face, "Yes, I want you to promise me you will not speak to any other strange men that may wander into the mansion, Lizzy."