Chapter Ten

How To Kill A Vampire 

~

Ciel stepped into the room fully expecting the worst. Not only that but Elizabeth was already crying when he entered the room and he hadn't even opened his mouth yet. "Elizabeth..?"

She lunged from the bed and wrapped her arms around his neck. Uncontrollably, she sobbed into his chest as he immediately wrapped his arms around her, "Elizabeth..!" He was a little taken aback by her sudden outburst but he would never hesitate to hold her. Although he honestly expected her to be wrapping her hands around his throat.. 

"I love you! I love you so much!"

Like he hadn't just ripped a man's head off directly in front of her...

"You're the best husband a lady could ask for!"

Yep, right in her line of vision..

"I'm sorry I had forgotten, please forgive me???"

Pretty sure his head landed right beside her...

"Lizzie, darling.. what are you...? What is there to forgive? None of this was your fault.."

"I was so scared.. It was a dark room and I couldn't escape for so long.. I was here but I wasn't here and .. I've failed as a wife and your best friend. Kill me! I deserve it!"

"Elizabeth that's enough..I should've told you.. I was advised by psychiatric profession not to. I wanted you to remember, but the fact that you didn't hadn't changed anything. I still love you just as much as I did the day I first laid eyes on you..."

"But you.. you didn't like me very much when we first met..?"

"What? Why ever would you think that??? You were an angel from the moment I first saw you."

Elizabeth wiped her eyes and pulled back slightly as she looked up at him. "You told me you hated me.. then you hit me with your custom made toy train."

"It's all a matter of perspective, dear."

"I had six stitches."

"Ah, but you were cute with your little chin stitches." He placed his forehead against hers.

They shared a labored set of giggles before she cupped his face in her hands. "Show them to me. I want to see them."

Ciel looked confused for a brief moment before he sighed, "Elizabeth.."

"No, no.. you have a lot of explaining to do. Starting with those eyes of yours and ending with your expansion to America." She placed her hands on her hips and stepped back. The way she stood had reminded him of his mother when he'd misbehaved or done something purposely that he absolutely knew was wrong. "Very well then."

2 Days later-

The manor was full of singing and humming as the maids went to work doing what they did best. Elizabeth, for the first time in weeks, was leaving the manor to tend to some lady-like luxuries. 

It was Ciel who had mentioned it, he thought she had been cooped up inside the manor for too long so he arranged a day of complete activities for her. First, she was to head to the Ladies Brew, where she would have her hair tended to along with just about anything else she wanted. It was her favorite ladies joint, she just hadn't been able to make it there since her mother fell ill.

Then from there she was to go to a tailors shop in the city to be fitted for a dress that Ciel had designed himself, with help of the tailor of course. She couldn't wait to see how that would turn out.