Chapter Fourteen

A Wild Ride

~

The building before her was the largest she had seen up to date. "Ciel this is amazing.." Tears brimmed her green eyes and rushed down her cheeks. His long arm wrapped around her shoulders and he smirked down at her, "This is it, this is what I drug you all the way to America to see." The factory before her was even larger than the one in England; the original. Elizabeth was so overcome with emotion that she couldn't speak. She just abruptly glued herself to Ciel's torso in a tight hug. He allowed himself to chuckle as he kissed the top of her head, "You're amazing, Ciel, truly amazing.."  

Sebastian walked inside, for privacy sake. Though appreciative, Ciel felt as though he didn't have to abandon them out front. He sighed and rubbed up Elizabeth's back retentively. "You ready to go in?"She sniffled a few times and nodded before wiping her cheeks clean of tears. "Really, Lizzie, there isn't a reason to cry." She lightly shoved against his chest. "Oh shut up and don't criticize my antics for once." He smirked down at her and gave her his arm as he led her into the factory.

Inside was almost magical, to her anyway. All of the employees were lined up for a thorough examination, courtesy of Sebastian. "Look sharp gentlemen, the Lady is gracing us with her presence today. I expect you'll behavior accordingly." The walls of the manner were lined with fine wallpaper and it didn't look much like a factory at all, more like a toy store. The floors were beautifully tiled and the machines and assembly lines were hidden in the back. The only thing she could see was rows upon rows of finely manufactured toys displayed on tables and shelves of different kinds. "This is beautiful.." She felt as though she was walking in a dream factory made for small children to play in. Ciel stood back a let her roam around, as long as she was in eye shot. 

"Wonderful, gentlemen." Sebastian concluded his inspection and excused them back to their duties. He took note of Elizabeth's starstruck demeanor as she explored around from room to room. "This is bloody amazing!" 

"Elizabeth.." Ciel shared a light laugh with Sebastian, "Language, please.."

"Forgive me but I've never seen so many toys in my life..!" She reached what appeared to be the main lobby of the building. Her green eyes examined every stuffed toy and decorated piece of interior she came across. As she looked up toward the ceiling, her gaze traced over a large decorative picture frame and she froze. Again, she began to cry. Though she tried to do so quietly this time. It was a familiar scene encased in genuine cherry wood that had been delicately framed. Two years ago, right before her mother had showed signs of being ill, it was the last picture she had taken. Her long beautiful hair rivaled that of Elizabeth's as she basked in the sun during a joint family outing. She was smiling brightly and hanging on Ciel's arm with Elizabeth wrapped inside of her other arm. She looked happy and vibrant. Elizabeth stared as she recalled very clearly the moment in which that picture had been taken. Nothing but fond memories of her mother came rushing in and she covered her mouth to subdue her squeals of recollection. 

She swallowed hard and blinked back the brimming tears. A shadow covered her and a familiar hand grazed her face. "You shouldn't cry about something so beautiful.."

"Huh..?" She was a little taken aback at first, not really understanding what he meant.

"Just look at her, Elizabeth. Have you ever seen her this vibrant? The very essence of her happiness is the brightest in the picture, I believe, and this is how I choose to remember her."

"Ciel.." He grinned down at her. "You're right. She truly is beautiful in this picture. But wouldn't you like to have one at the manor, back home?"