CH10

The ride from Sabaody to Frost Island was much longer than expected. It took us about a week to get there. We ran into some trouble as well while underwater. The icebergs that appear to be around this island just so happened to get in our way so we had to go a little deeper but the water pressure made that difficult as well. We pretty much went all the way around this entire island just to get to the harbor…. It wasn’t really much of a harbor though…

Victini was flying around my head and after a while he sat on my shoulder but I wasn’t really feeling it… I guess you could say I was depressed. The dreams that I had while entrapped in Darkrai’s nightmare were more graphic than what I explained to Lawly. It kind of had me thinking about a lot of things like what if what happened is actually true. I’ve thought about it plenty of times before but I didn’t think that I would actually be placed in a dream to have something like that come true. I tried to keep a happy face while Lawly and I were walking together but I think even he could see right through me. He didn’t say anything though. Frost Island was frozen solid. The trees were frozen and some of the houses were frozen as well. I wonder how people live on this island.

A rock came out of nowhere in the air and almost hit me. I saw a little girl with blue hair standing in the direction it came from. She was adorable. She threw some more rocks at Lawly and I and he grabbed her hand to make her stop.

“You let me go,” the little girl said.

“It isn’t very nice to throw things at people and you don’t even know them,” Lawly said.

“I don’t care! I won’t let you enter the island,” she said.

“Here we go again. Look, we’re just looking for a place to stay while we’re on this stupid island. I’m Mia and he’s Trafalgar Law and this is Victini. Now do you know a place where we can stay,” I asked.

“You can’t stay anywhere! Go away!” This kid is making things just a little too difficult. I’m already angry as it is.

“Please excuse her. She’s my little sister, Lucina. I’m Lucinda.” Lucinda was blind.

Lawly and I exchanged glances at each other and looked back at Lucinda and Lucina. Lucina was holding onto the bottom part of Lucinda’s shirt.

“I don’t mean to eavesdrop but I heard that you needed a place to stay. You’re more than welcome to stay at my house, my mother won’t mind,” Lucinda said.

Lucina looked up at her in disbelief and never said another word until we got to their house. They had a small house that was so beautiful. It didn’t look like how everything else on this island looked. Lucina grabbed my hand and Lawly’s hand and introduced us to her mother.

“Mommy, this is Mia and Trafalgar Law. They’re newcomers to the island and needed a place to stay. Lucinda said they can stay here. Is that all right with you mommy?”

The woman turned around and looked at us. She had long black hair and wore and outfit that resembled that of a priestess. She didn’t look surprised to see us, as if she’s seen newcomers all the time. “Please excuse my appearance, this is a little embarrassing. I was preparing a meal for my daughters; I wasn’t expecting them to bring home company today. My name is Natsumi by the way. Um… please excuse me while I change.”

She was shaking the entire time she spoke to us. It was like someone had spooked her or something.

“Please excuse my mother… she’s on edge. There was an incident that happened months ago and hasn’t gotten any better. The King of this island isn’t doing anything to help either.”

I swear it’s like a repeated process of everything. I don’t mind it but I wish there was something different. We always end up on an island where there is a king who is either injured or who isn’t doing their job. It’s up to me to protect the people of the world but with the so-called “Kings” acting the way they do there’s no way that anything will get done. People are suffering everywhere, I can feel it. Pretty soon there’s going to be a negative effect in the world. Nothing will be the way it is now.