Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Never again

Too much perfection is always a mistake. I had learned that the hard way. It was too good to be true but at least it didn't go any further. He turned out to have a girlfriend already and was only playing a cruel game with my feelings. He tried to explain but there's no explanation that could change the fact that he had hurt me and he had done it badly. There was no doubt in the universe that I had no luck with guys. I didn't want to talk to anybody that day, mom and dad came by a couple of times to check on me and bring me food. The rest of the week passed slowly and when Friday hit I was relieved, I only wanted to lay in bed and hear music. I was a little confused since it was Friday and neither Brenna or April had called me, well maybe I deserved it since I haven't taken their calls since Tuesday so it took me by surprise when I heard someone knock on the door, it was my mom and behind her where those two with grocery bags.

"Hey honey I know you don't want to be disturbed but these two wouldn't take no for an answer. I'll leave you three to talk, I will be downstairs if you need anything." She smiled kindly then closed the door behind her.

April started talking first. "I know you haven't returned our calls or even want to talk about what happened but we wanted you to know that we are here for you, always and forever." She told me while sitting by my side in the bed and rubbing my thigh encouragingly.

"Since its Friday and you won't ruin our tradition we decided that tonight will be movie night." Brenna said then started looking in the bags they had brought with them. "Let's see we have ice cream, chocolate, Oreos and popcorn to eat and since we guessed you didn't want to see romantic movies, we brought comedy and horror, you choose, what will it be?" she said while showing in both her hands the options they chose.

I ended up smiling at them. "Horror." I chose. They smiled at my decision then cuddle up with me in bed to start our movie night.

When the last movie ended and we had a food coma, I decided to finally tell them what was going on. Obviously they were furious at my revelation and told me to get out of bed since they wanted to do something. I got dressed then got in the car with them. We made a little stop at a mini market then got going again. Then finally, we stopped in front of a house I didn't know.

"Okay, we're here, take the toilet paper and the eggs." Brenna said. Doubt took my mind for a second then I remembered the pain I felt and released the first egg in one of the windows. While I was throwing the eggs, Brenna and April were throwing toilet paper in the trees and all over the floor. We continued until we heard someone yelling and running to open the front door. We started running as fast as we could to the car then we got going like we just did a robbery or something. I saw him standing in the middle of the street looking furious when he saw me, I just threw him an imaginary kiss then we all started laughing like crazies when we were finally out of sight.

"That was fun, thanks guys I'm really lucky to have both of you in my life." I said touched by what they just did just to make me feel better.

"Don't make us cry it will ruin the mascara girl, but you know we love you." April said fixing her liner with her fingers.

"She's right Ru, you know we love you and would do anything for you. Except have a threesome that would be awkward." Brenna said mockingly.

"Eww that would be like having sex with my sisters, so thank you but no thank you, of course you had to ruin the moment." I laughed. Then said goodbye and got going. I was about to get upstairs when mom called me to the kitchen.

"What's up mom?" I asked her.

"Nothing I just wanted to see your face, you're already looking so much better, I'm glad that your friends helped you." she said while holding my face.

"Yeah I'm glad too, I feel so much better now." I said truly.

"That makes me happy sweetheart, your father and me were so worried about you." She said letting out a sigh of relief.

"I'm so sorry." I said ashamed.

"It's okay honey just promise me something."

"What?" I asked.

"Don't let anybody take your smile away." she said caressing my cheek.

"Never again." I said hugging her. She was definitely the best. After that I went up to my room, cleaned a little then went to bed and checked if I had notifications. I froze when I saw a text from him.

"I hope you feel better now, I'm so sorry, another chance?" Abriel texted. I read it for a few minutes then deleted it and said to myself. "Never again."

A/N: What do you guys think so far of the story? Do you think she should forgive him?