Chapter 8: Expect the unexpected

A/N: You can see who Elizabeth (Abriel's girlfriend) is in the gif above (yes it's Perrie)

Everything has change in the last few months as you can see. I always thought that my family was perfect but I guess they're not after all. I knew mom and dad had their issues but never heard them fight until like a month ago. Mom was begging him to stay but he didn't, he opened the door with a suit case in hand, stopped for a moment when he realized I was seeing everything with tears in my eyes, he looked at me and just said 'I love you kiddo, always remember that.' the next second he was gone. Mom and I haven't heard from him since that day. I asked mom many times what had been so strong for him to leave like that but she never answered. Till like a week ago when I accidentally heard her talking on the phone saying she was sorry for what she had done and that she hoped he could forgive her someday. I guess he didn't buy that since he hasn't returned yet. I didn't have the guts to ask her directly but she knew what I thought and if that was true I wouldn't forgive her that easily for cheating on my dad. I didn't even know they were having problems, they always looked so happy and in love with each other. That's why I was so hard on her, I didn't even understand what was happening in my life lately. That's why I was so relieved when Brenna told me that she was going to inscribe us for a summer camp but in a very high class club. It was an excuse for not been around mom that much. I was so consumed by my own thoughts that I didn't even hear when the door opened.

"Can I come in?" Mom asked while opening the door with food in her hand. "I know you're angry but you can't continue being like this. You come home and just get locked in here till the next day. I know you don't understand what's happening but everything will be fine I promise." She said while sitting in my bed.

"I'm not hungry, thanks." I said giving her my back when I moved to the other side.

"You know, I always wanted kids, but your father and I couldn't have any. We tried for many years but we just couldn't. That was pretty hard for your dad and me but especially for him since he wanted a big family. I wanted so badly to get pregnant that I... looked for other ways to get pregnant." She said with embarrassment and almost tears in her eyes.

"What do you mean other ways?" I asked worried about the answer she might say.

"You see Ruby, your father and I took a lot of tests to see what was wrong with us because we tried everything. That's when the results came and I understood why we couldn't. He was infertile but I couldn't tell him that, he would've been devastated. I couldn't see him like that so since he couldn't have the kids he always wanted, without him knowing I inseminated myself with someone else's sperm." She finally admitted and I was shocked.

"Wait you're saying that..." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"Don't you dare say or think that honey, he was and still is your dad no matter what." She said to me while she came and hugged me when she saw tears running down my face. "He will always be your father and the man that I love."

"That's why he left right?" I told her still trying to digest everything that just happened.

"Yes, he went to the doctor for some test and he finally find out. At first he got angry because he knew that something must be wrong because we couldn't have more kids and then last week I had to finally tell him the truth." She admitted with her eyes like oceans. "This is all my fault." I hugged her and told her that everything will be okay, that wasn't her fault at all, that yeah she made a mistake but it was all for love. After a couple of minutes, we finally fell asleep side by side. Next morning when I woke up mom wasn't there I guess she left at the middle of the night and went to her room to let me sleep. I got dressed then walked down stairs; mom was already there making breakfast.

"Mm... something smells delicious" I told her taking a seat.

"Good morning sweetie it's your favorite, tofu omelet with some vegetables." She said to me smiling.

"Well smells amazing." I said to her taking the first bite. I was eating at peace when I heard a car horn outside the house, it must be Brenna. "Well I better get going, love you mom." I said to her before leaving.

"Have a nice day sweetie." I was already out the front door when I heard her. We were at the club in no time. I barely talked with the girls since I felt like it was something very personal for my parents. Brenna and April had to go earlier since our schedules aren't the same and they had tennis and acting class. I still had some time to kill until my singing lesson. I must confess that I was so nervous that only thinking about it makes me nauseous. I hadn't singed in front of people since that time in the club where I was the topic of the night and not for good reasons. I sat down by a bench in front of the beach, god I love the beach I could live here and never get bored of it, I was probably a mermaid in another life. I got lost in my thoughts until I heard someone approaching.

"Admiring the view?" Thalia said. Damn she was so beautiful, wait, what? What am I even thinking?

"Yeah, I love the view here." I told her

"Yeah me too, I love the water that's why I'm here, being an instructor here has its benefits." She said looking at the beach.

"You like working here?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I love it since I get to do what I love most...surf." She said with passion in her voice.

"Wow you do love surfing." I said while staring at her.

"Yeah it's my passion, do you have any?" She asked me. I didn't know if I should answer that question.

"Well...actually yeah, I love singing but I haven't had luck with it." I admitted.

"Well you shouldn't lose faith, that industry isn't easy but if you work hard I know you will make any dream come true." The words coming from her mouth felt strange. It wasn't like anybody had said that before, but this time it felt different. In that moment she received a text, I guess it must be Adrianne since she had a big smile on her face. "Well I better get going, nice talk." She said then left. Yeah it was always nice talking to her. I guess because I hadn't met anyone like her, maybe I admired her. Anyways it was time to go to the singing lessons and just entering I already felt my hands sweaty. I was the first one to get to the room since I was like 15 minutes before the class would start. I found a seat far behind, then waited. The room was getting crowded and that was making me want to get out of there running but something didn't let me.

"This is your first time right? Don't be afraid." an angel said with a sexy Australian accent. "My name is Kathy by the way." she said giving me her hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you I'm Ruby." I introduced myself lost in her beauty. She was white as snow, short dark brown hair, perfect smile and those big brown eyes could kill anyone.

"Nice to meet you Ruby, don't be afraid please I know it looks scary at first but then you will feel like you're at home." She said like she had experience.

"Have you been here before?" I asked her.

"Actually no, I actually came here because my best friend is the instructor this year." She told me.

"Really? That's nice..." I said

"Yeah she's the most amazing singer and really sweet too, I'm sure you will love her."

"Yeah, I guess." I said to her when a voice started talking, I've had heard that voice before. Then I saw her.

"Welcome everyone my name is Elizabeth and I'll be your new instructor this year." She said and I thought I must be dreaming. Abriel's girlfriend is going to be the instructor? My instructor? In that moment I saw him opening the door, removing his sunglasses and then winked at his girlfriend. Yeah this couldn't get worse.