Chapter 10: Salty Kisses

When you're little you can't wait to be an adult, but what nobody tells you is how it sucks to get here. Every day you get to learn something about yourself that you didn't even know a few hours back. My life is changing a little more every time I check. It was the first Friday since the whole summer club thing started and people say that they always make this big welcome party by the beach. I'm not going to lie I've never been a party girl but this sounded interesting.

"You're going to the party tonight, right? April asked me when I answered the phone.

"I don't know I'm still thinking about it, you know I'm not a party person." I answered.

"I know but please... Brenna and I are planning to go and you know she will leave me alone like always." She said to me with a sad voice and I could imagine her doing her famous puppy face.

"Don't play that card on me when you know I don't feel like going." I told her.

"Pretty please..." She said again with a voice that you just couldn't deny.

"Okay but it wont be for too long." She finally convinced me.

"Yay!" She celebrated like she just won something.

"You're so weird, anyways Brenna will pick us up?" I asked her.

"Actually she can't she has to be there earlier because her mother volunteered her to help with the party." She told me.

"Oh, well then how are we going?" I asked her since it was always Brenna who would pick us up because it was easier that way since I don't have a car, I only use my moms car sometimes.

"I will pick you up silly." She said. Oh yeah she had a car that she almost never used I forgot about that.

"Right, I totally forgot that." I admitted.

"I know I never use it since Brenna wants to always be the driver but yeah I will pick you up at 7pm, is that okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah that hour is fine." I answered her.

"Perfect, Ill pick you up at 7, see you soon." She said than hung up. This girl really wanted me to go with her, I'm sure she wants me to be her wing woman with someone cute, this person has to be special since I've never seen her actually been with someone since I've known her. Oh well, I'm glad for her she deserve only the best and I would do anything for her. Noon was approaching and I hadn't even looked for something to wear. I opted for a new bikini I bought a few weeks before summer started, jean shorts, a blue t-shirt and sandals. We were going to the beach so why would I get all dressed up just to go there? I was getting finished when I heard a knock in my door.

"whats up mom?" I asked her when I saw her.

"You look nice, are you going to your girls night out?" She asked me looking at my outfit.

"Actually I'm going to a welcome party at the club."

"And does this party have water since you have your swimsuit?" She asked me rising an eyebrow.

"Yeah its a party at the beach but don't worry I wont be that long, I put this on just in case." I answered.

"Please just be careful, that is all I ask." She said with that overprotective tone of hers but I have always loved it since I know she only does it because she really cares for me.

"Don't worry Ill be fine." I told her.

"I trust you darling, so when is Brenna coming to pick you up?" She asked.

"Shes already there since shes helping with the party so April will come to my rescue." I said to her then heard my phone ringing. It was April.

"I'm here." She said.