Chapter 9: New Company

A/N: Adelaide Kane is who plays Kathy, I put up a gif of her for you guys and also the song she sings which is Bad Habits by The Kooks. 

Well I guess I was wrong when I thought that this could get better. I came here trying to have a nice time away from reality and now I have to get to see these two again. I can say that I wasn't still hurt by Abriel's little game but I can't say that I had forgotten him. Yeah I know it was stupid, we didn't almost talk or even get to spend quality time together but you can't say that if something like that happened to you, everything would be normal around that person you thought might be the right one. I was in my own thoughts when I heard the Australian beauty talking.

"Do you know Abriel?" Kathy asked.

"Err... yeah I know his band." I didn't have to tell her the whole story right? Besides, that wasn't technically a lie. He has a band and they're actually good.

"Right, it's just that you looked a little surprised when you saw him." she said raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah maybe I was, I didn't know he would be coming here as well." I said.

"He didn't want to come at first but since he's Elizabeth's boyfriend she wanted him here, having to experience everything with her."

"Oh... I guess that's nice of him." I said sounding a bit too disappointed.

"Actually I don't like him that much if I'm being honest here, he's a nice guy and all don't get me wrong but he likes to play with girls a lot." I was drinking water when she said that so I almost chocked on it when I heard her say that.

"Really? Have you told your friend about it?" I asked interested.

"She knows him better than anyone but I don't know why she doesn't just leave him. I mean look at her, she can have anyone she wants." she told me with a little of anger in her voice.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah it's just that I hate seeing my best friend suffer for someone like him." she said while looking at him with anger still laced with her voice.

"You really care for her don't you?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we have been best friends since I have memory." She said smiling when I saw her staring at us. I didn't know if she remembered me since she didn't say anything or has even acknowledge me. Or that's what I thought until I saw her pointing at me.

"You, over there, would you like to break the ice here since no one wants to be the first to sing?" She asked me. Yep, she knows who I am. I was terrified but still managed to get up when I felt someone touching my arm.

"Wait, I'll do it." Kathy told me making her way already to the front. She was really a life saver, I managed to mouth a 'Thank you' to her and she just smiled at me. She introduced herself then started to sing 'bad habits' by The Kooks. Damn this girl was good, she singed her heart out with such feeling, like that song meant something more for her. After Kathy broke the ice, people were more relaxed and then one by one singed something. It followed that pattern until time was up and everybody was already leaving. I was making my way out when I felt someone following me.

"Hey! Wait!" I heard him making his way up to me.

"What do you want Abriel?" I asked stopping finally.

"Please don't be like that, this is all a big misunderstood." he said like he believed that I was someone naïve or something.

"Having a girlfriend and trying to be with someone else at the same time it's not a misunderstanding Abriel, I hope you get that." I told him in disbelief shaking my head. Was this boy for real? Or maybe it was the first time that he got caught in action before getting something.