Band Nerds (Zach)

|Shoutout to all my band ppl out there|

My hands grab hold of my clarinet as I wait for my band instructor to speak.

We were all going to be practicing warm ups and songs with one other person.

My friend and crush of two years, Zach played trombone, whilst I played clarinet.

"Okay everyone, the pairs will be in pairs of two." Mr. Yonico announced.

Everyone nodded as they waited to see who they would be paired up with.

"Let's see, y/n and Zach, Saphyra and Tyctan." The names went on forever but I wasn't paying attention.

"Okay and get with your partner." Mr. Yonico says.

I walk over to see that Zach is already walking towards me.

"Oh my god I have to work with you!" I exclaim then laugh

"Same goes to you." Zach says while laughing.

"Okay, what song first?" I ask a little nervous.

"Let's do Pirates of the Caribbean." Zach says.

I nod.

I rearrange my sheet music to pirates of the Caribbean.

Zach starts out with his trombone being the lower parts, he had part one, as did I.

After about two measures of him playing the beginning I bring my clarinet to my mouth and begin with the melody to he's pirate.

It wasn't very difficult, but I had to play two or three leisure lines up sometime.

Then I slowed down, Zach now has the melody, as I hold a whole note for four measures.

Then finally we picked up the speed as I had the melody again.

We both begin to slow down, as finish off with a whole note.

"What song next?" Zach asks me.

"My heart will go on." I say with a smile as Zach glances at me and smiles as well.

We begin the song, I play melody along with a flute, then I have the counter melody.

After playing for a while we stopped and began talking.

"You need an extra pencil for Gwnnes class?" I ask Zach.

"Yea, people keep stealing my pencils, and I don't like it." Zach says.

I laugh at Zach making him frown.

"It's not funny, I don't have anymore pencils." Zach says.

"You ready for tomorrow's competition?" I ask Zach he perks up.

"Of corse I am, I've been practicing for weeks." Zach says.

"Yeah prancing your five bottom notes that repeat every two measures." I mumble under my breath.

"I find that very offensive." Zach smiles at me.

We lock eyes for a few minutes before I speak.

"We should practice some more." I say.

That's always how band class is, as any other class.

We steal glances, smile at each other, make jokes, but it happens a lot in band, because we're both band nerds.