Hopspital

( Modern au )

Astrid was beautiful.
But nobody knew her.

Hiccup was a nerd
And nobody knew him

Astrid was stuck in the gossipy aim most of her high school life so she never got to go through the regular high school things like having friends, crushes or even a boyfriend.
So know everyone from the year of 2016 have graduated and moved on to university and collage.
Not Astrid
She was stuck in berk the small town located between nothing and nothing. The nearest city was an 1 hour away and most people ride horses into town.
So you were Either so popular or invisible.
Astrid was invisible, she was stuck with the same thing to do everyday.
Wake up, wander the hospital, eat lunch leave for her daily " exercise ." And be back by 3:00. She absolutely hated it. She was diagnosed at the age of 15 of being Anorexic, it didn't surprise her. Her mother was never home and when she did she had to pay the bills with the little money they had because her father used there money for gambling and when her mother refused to give him money Astrid and her would get a beating. She wasn't safe , it caused a lot of depression and eating disorders. Finally one early morning Astrid's mom returned to see her daughter skinny as hell and her husband passed out on the couch. She quickly packed her things and took her daughter to the berk hospital somewhere Astrid could be safe and heal.
Astrid was damaged and her mom never visited anymore because she sadly had to go back to the hell hole with her father.
But anyways... That's a different story.

Hiccup
That was his nickname his actually name was Harrison but that didn't matter he was made fun of. But he didn't honestly care he had his horse and family farm.
And he was rich.
His family owned the biggest horse ranch in berk. His father was mayor of the town and got a lot of money.
His mother was kind and gentle and taught hiccup that money didn't mean anything to them as long as he was with the people he truly loved.
So high school was a dread. Even though he graduated too in his class it didn't help having no friends, so he finally escaped and was looking for somewhere to go.
He was a good boy raised to be a millionaire, but hiccup had other things in mind.

And that folks brings us to today to the hospital.
11:59
Astrid was at the door wearing a crop top white hoodie that only showed off her belly button and black ripped jeans with white sneakers that she got at a donation bin.
" 12! Gotta go Rose! Be back at 3:00!!" Astrid yelled at the nurse that stands by the door." Or not." She mumbles under breath before running out the door.
She loved her afternoons it made her happy and joyful inside, and that doesn't happen all that often.
She ran down the street and towards the poorer neighbourhood and she stopped outside a certain house.
The smell of beer leaked out of the open windows and the sound of the creaky screen door made her look at the house where she saw the women that tried to make her life better.
" mom." Astrid whispered.
" Astrid!" She said loudly.
She ran up her daughter an gave her a hug." How are you doing!?!" She asked looking back inside the house.
" fine, I'm almost ready To come home." Astrid answered hoping her mother would accost her back.
" no, never come back here, it's dangerous here. Go now Astrid he's coming!!! GO!!" She yelled at her daughter beiges pushing her and running back into the home.
" great just great." Astrid whispered as she ran down the street with her hood up. After she left the old neighbourhood she became to cry as she ran she kept her head down and just kept running till she couldn't hear him yelling in her head.
She though she could just run forever until she ran into someone and was knocked down to the ground.
" ow." She whispered before wiping away her tears and sniffling a bit.
" oh my gods I'm so sorry here let me help you up." The voice said. She accepted his hand and hoisted herself up to make eye contact.
His eyes glowed In the sunlight
They were a beautiful emerald eyes and were full of happiness and hope and worry, it was stunning. His hair was messy and his crooked glasses made him look like an idiot,
But she thought it was cute.
"I'm so sorry for running into you I was looking at my phone and.." He started but she cut him off.
" don't worry about it it was my fault for running with my head down." She said as she dragged her hand across her cheek for one last tear.
He then studied her face a little closer.
" I'm sorry we don't know each other very well but if you don't mind me asking, but were you crying?" He asked." Well yeah but don't worry about it I shouldn't cry about it anyway. " she said as she looked around." I'm Astrid by the way." She said as she shook his hand.
" I'm Harrison but if you ask anyone around here they'll call me hiccup." He answered with a charming smile.
" that's a cute nickname." She said with a little giggle.
His smile grew bigger and she quickly took her hands and straightened out his glasses so he didn't look like an idiot who didn't put his glasses on right." Oh thank you." He said as he played around with them.
" no problem.

As the afternoon continued Astrid and hiccup walked down Maine street together talking about hiccups ranch and high school experience.
" let's just say I wasn't well know for good things." He chuckled.
" what about you? You weren't in my graduation class, so did you move here recently?" He asked her.
" well no I didn't do high school... Well I did but I was home schooled but I wasn't actually at school...." She stopped and looked at him then down at his phone which just happened to show the time." Oh shoot." She said which caused hiccup to get tense." I need to go to the hospital." She said as she started to walk faster." Why?" He asked as he tried to follow her." I love there." She answered as she walked backwards." I'm supposed to be back by 3:00 and its 2:57 and the hospital is very far away." Don't worry I'll take you and sign you out for a day or two you can come stay with me and my mom." He said gently." What about your dad?" She asked." He is away on a business thing but my mom would love to have you." He smiled as he walked to the other side of the street." C'mom." He gestured her.

Astrid defiantly had a hard life but hiccup brightened up and let's just say they shared something very special the next day

A kiss

This was very long and I didn't rlly know what was happening here but I figured I needed to post something on this story soooooooooooo
Ya
Also!
I'm writing a new story, actually two but one is a modern au like my song for you... If u want to read it I'll be posting it today as well, so be sure to check it out if you'd like. ( new story is called hospital love and is hiccstrid obviously)
Thanks for reading :)