18. slurred words

Stateless- Bloodstream

18. slurred words

Ashton holds my hand tightly as we navigate through the crowd of humans. This house party just doubled in size and we are still at the center of it. I spare a look back at Calum just in time to see him bobbing his head along to the Usher song booming through the speakers. I stifle a laugh before averting my gaze back to the path in front of me. We finally get to the kitchen of the house and Calum offers to pour both me and Ashton a drink, but I decline. I haven't been wanting to drink much ever since I got so drunk, I asked Calum to tattoo me.

"That's new," Calum comments. "You drink liquor like it's water. I don't know where you put it."

I chuckle. "I'm taking it easy tonight, Hood."

"Not with me." Ashton slings his arm around me and presses a firm kiss to my cheek. His hand reaches up to play with the silver pendant he got me for Christmas that sits just above my breasts. It didn't take long for me and Ashton to make up and ever since that night, I've been trying to avoid Luke at all costs. I'm not angry at him, but I simply don't want to have to further our interrupted conversation about my dead brother.

"Get a room, you horndogs." Calum's nose scrunches up. "Where the fuck is Faye? I need my wingman."

"I'm going to ignore the fact you have Faye down as your wingman." Ashton says. "And Mikey said she was catching a ride with him and the rest."

The three of us rode here in Ashton's crappy car that nearly broke down two times on the way here. Calum was complaining the whole time like a backseat driver, saying how unsafe the clump of metal was and how he should've driven his own car. Ashton makes a New Year's resolution to buy a new car though he admits he'll probably still buy one from Craigslist.

"I just got a text. They're around the corner." Calum tells us. "I'll catch you two later. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, kiddos."

Ashton raises his cup Calum's way almost like toasting to that. I laugh, and run my hands up his chest, landing on his shoulders. He leans against the kitchen counter, his eyes raking down my body. "You are looking too damn good tonight."

Grace helped me choose the outfit last night; black leggings and a satin red tank top. I even wore a push up bra, figuring I might get lucky with Ashton tonight before he leaves for tour tomorrow with his band. I think they're only supposed to be gone for about one or two weeks, but still... I found myself growing more and more impatient. "So do you...except,"

"Except?" His eyebrows raise.

"You'd look better without your clothes." I grip the back of his neck to bring him closer to me then I whisper in his ear, "And under me."

He bites down on his lip then chuckles roughly. "Such a tease."

"Hey!" I hear Mikey yell before I see him. Grace, Faye, Calum and Christina follow in after him, and I notice Ashton wraps a hand around my waist to pull me on top of his lap, almost protectively. Confused, I look at him, but he just sips from his red cup. Christina's eyes flick up to Ashton before they quickly dart away and she dismisses herself to flirt with the boy near the fridge.

Again with the odd behavior.

"Is Luke coming?" I ask Grace, trying to keep my tone of voice as casual as possible in front of Ashton. He might get the wrong idea again, and it would be unfortunate timing since we are in such a good place right now.

"Yeah, he was trying to find a parking spot." She explains, then she reaches up to pinch both me and Ashton's cheeks. "Look at you two...you're so cute, it's going to make me sick."