Chapter 3- Saying goodbye

CHAPTER 3- Saying Goodbye

First is my family. My 5 little brothers and my parents, but no sign of Lily... My little brothers (Jack, Finn, Rory, Alex and Toby) all come and  hug me at the same time and start chanting "You have to win, you have to win, you have to win!" I laugh, i love my little brothers so much, they always make me smile even on the worst of days!

Then i hug my parents and there i start crying, i know i won't win and this is the last time i will see them. "Lily left this for you, keep it with you the whole time ok?" My mother hands me over a letter and a flower badge. I decide to read it later, when i am on the train. I hug my family once more and they are taken away. I sit crying and thinking about Lily, why didn't she come and say goodbye? She knew i needed her....then why didn't she? A new sensation fills up my sadness...betrayal.

Suddenly the door opens and Samantha comes in, crying and hugging me. "Please....either you or Thresh HAVE to win!" She whispers. "I promise i'll try....i promise!" We hug for the rest of the time, until she is taken away. We are then taken to the train station, and i am led into my room. I sit on the big double bed and take out Lily's letter. I open it carefully and start reading....