Chapter 1- Before the Reaping

CHAPTER 1- Before the Reaping

Today is the reaping day, and today is the first time my name is in that reaping ball. I am terrified...petrified more like! I have grown up watching these horrid putrid games and i have seen the tributes die bloody deaths every year...it haunts me, every night i dream a different death. But the one that terrifies me the most is my aunt's. My mum's sister, Claire, was chosen as a tribute in the in the 63rd annual Hunger Games, when she was only 13. She was one of the strongest tributes of District 11 and made it to the Grand Finale, when it was only her and an 15 year old tribute from District 2 called Enorabia. But Enorabia slit open Claire's throat with her teeth and blood came gushing out. It was probably the bloodiest and most haunting death i have ever seen, and i will never forget it!

I put on my blue reaping dress and my mother pins a little daisy on my hair."You look beautiful my little flower." I turn around and there is my 16 year old sister, Lily. Lily is my inspiration, she has always been there for me to protect me and help me get through sleepless nights. She is my idol and i love her more than anything in the world. She is always there for me, to help me win my fears and have courage. She is the most beautiful person ever, she always brings a smile to everyone's face.

I smile as she offers me to sit on her lap. Even she is dressed in her reaping dress, a bright orange dress, and looks absolutely stunning! She whispers in my ear "Your name is only in there 5 times, you wont be picked! And if you are, i will be there to protect you and volunteer for you, ok?" I suddenly feel safe, being wrapped around my sister's arms and safety. But i still have doubts about her reaping for me...she is even more terrified than me! Would she go as far as volunteering for me? I am not sure. 

We head out of the house and walk towards the town hall. And there starts my nightmare....