Percy Jackson

Chapter Two

Lexi and Amanda stared blankly at Lunette. "H-how is that even possible?" Amanda stuttered.

Lunette sighed, "Fifteen years ago, Poseidon and Artemis got in a huge argument. They refuse to tell me anything about. I don't really care anyways. I don't know why they would even fight in the first place, obviously they are immortal so nothing could come out of the stupidity of fighting. But, when the Great Wave of Poseidon and the Golden Arrow of Artemis met, it created me. Of course I wasn't full grown. That would be weird. No, I was enclosed in a small bubble of water. The first seven months of my life were spent in water. So, Artemis is still a virgin. I was created by a lot of power. I'm not sure how it worked but it did."

"So if you were created by power, does that mean that you are very powerful?" Fear flooded through demigod's eyes. 

Lunette smiled and shrugged, "Let's just say that you don't want to be on my bad side."

"Are you attacked by monsters? Well, of course not. You're not a demigod." Amanda puzzled over it in deep thought.

"I'm not a demigod, although I am attacked by monsters because if they capture me and drink my goddess blood them they would become invincible, very powerful, and very hard to control. That's one of the reasons why I was allowed to live. If I was sent to Tartarus, then a monster could become powerful enough to come back and live forever. Obviously, that would not be good. So, I was protected by Artemis and the Hunters." Lunette trailed off at the thought of her "sisters." The pang within her heart was a reminder of how much she missed them.

Lexi's put a hand on Lunette's shoulder. "Amanda, would you mind showing our newest recruit to her housing quarters?" Amanda smiled. "Oh wait, Lunette? Would you prefer Poseidon's quarters or Artemis'? We don't have any beds in Artemis' quarters but we can move a bed in there if you would like."

"As much as I'd prefer to stay in my mom's quarters, I don't want anyone else to know about me being the daughter of Artemis." Lunette said. Lexi nodded, a gesture saying that she won't tell a soul. Amanda nodded too.

"Okay, if you need anything, ask Percy. I'm sure he would help you." Lexi waved and headed towards the Athena cabin.

"C'mon!" Amanda dragged Lunette towards the Poseidon sleeping quarters. They stood in front of the building. The tall decorated building was greater than the others besides Zeus' cabin. With the beautiful shells and pearls molded in the cabin made it seem as though it was shining.The waves that stood frozen in front were real salt water. Lunette walked up the marble steps and swung the doors open. Standing tall and mighty was a statue of Poseidon made of pearl. A small bowl of sea water stood in front of the statue. The relaxing sound of waves crashing was played by an iPod next to the bowl. Through the open door behind the statue, was a clear blue lake. Lunette smiled, feeling the familiar pull of the water.

Lunette knelt in front of the statue. When she back on her feet she saw two doors, one on the left and one on the right. She opened the door to the right and stepped through the threshold. Inside was a bunk bed and random things thrown carelessly on the ground. She wrinkled her nose and closed the door. She turned and walked across to the left. Before she opened the door she heard voices. Male voices. Ew.

"Man, did you see that?" The male laughed.

"Yeah, and the look on your face. Priceless." A second male answered. "Dude, I'll see ya later. I got  some Aphrodite girls to catch up with.

"Grover," Amanda mumbled and rolled her blue eyes.

The male who was not Grover, walked in. He bent at the waist in a bow to the statue and turned to the right door. He stopped, mid-stride, and turned. The male locked eyes with Lunette. "Oh, hi?" He said.