Phase 5: Infiltrate

I feel like I have lost your interest. It's probably my fault for not updating. Just so I can see whether this is worth finishing, anyone who wants me to continue, would you comment here? Thanks, loves!

-

Rose had never felt such fear. That void, whatever it was, called in the back of her mind with false promises which beckoned and that she wasn't sure she could deny at the moment. She tried to drag herself out of her own thoughts and focuses on the Doctor, purposely avoiding Sky, whom she could feel looking at her.

"Fifty minutes. That's all we need. Fifty minutes till the rescue arrives. And she's not exactly strong," he and Sky paused. "Look at her, all she's got is our voices."

"I can't look at her. It's those eyes." Val and Sky said, obviously extremely disturbed. You have no idea, Rose thought to herself. She suddenly wondered if she should tell the Doctor about what effect Sky had on her. Or would she sound dumb? Maybe this was the feeling everyone was having?

"We must not look at Goblin Men." Dee Dee and Sky's statement caught Rose off guard, making her focus on the moment.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Biff and Sky said, seeming confrontational. The Doctor got the feeling that when Biff didn't understand something, he was happier punching said something rather than trying to understand.

"It's a poem. Christina Rosetti." The Doctor and Sky replied.

"We must not look at Goblin Men.
We must not buy their fruits.
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?" Dee Dee and Sky recited. Everyone sort of stopped and thought over this poem and how fitting it was. Biff looked angry and confused.

"Actually, I don't think that's helping." The Doctor and Sky said to Dee Dee.

"She's not a goblin, or a monster, she's just a very sick woman." The professor and Sky said.

"Maybe that's why it went for her." Jethro and Sky pointed out.

"There is no 'it'!" The professor and Sky exclaimed, angrily.

Among the chatter, Rose felt a tingling in the back of her mind. She couldn't resist the urge to look at Sky... Who was looking right at her, with an intense stare.

"Think about it, though. That knocking, it went all the way round the bus. Till it found her. And she was the most scared, out of all of us. Maybe that's what it needed. That's how it got in." Jethro and Sky reasoned, and the professor's face got slightly red. The Doctor found himself enthralled in the conversation in front of him, not noticing what was happening to his Rose.

Rose couldn't look away. She was scared. Really scared. All she could see was Sky's cold, evil eyes that were attached to hers. All she wanted was the Doctor to hold her hand and to take her away in the TARDIS. Why couldn't they have just taken the TARDIS?

"For the last time! Nothing could live on the surface of Midnight." The professor and Sky exclaimed, obviously frustrated with what he saw as the stupidity of the others. What he didn't realise was that he was simply denying the truth.

"Professor, I'm glad you've got an absolute definition of life in the universe, but perhaps the universe has got ideas of its own." The Doctor and Sky said, drawing the attention of all but his Rose. "Now trust me. I've got previous! I think there might well be some... Consciousness inside Mrs. Silvestry, but maybe she's still in there. And it's our job to help her." The Doctor looked at everyone in the group, noting that Rose was staring at Sky. He looked away, just missing the tear that fell from her eye.

Rose could feel herself getting drawn back in. She felt an urge that came from nowhere to walk to Sky and crouch in front of her. She didn't, though. She was fighting it. She was smart enough to know that the urge was not her own.