Chapter 9

With guns raised we all stood aiming at Mary. She looked extremely crazed as she kept telling Mark to kill me and come with her.

"Mary Cooper put down you weapon and come out with your hands up!!!!",a cop said through a megaphone.

She shrieked.
"you called the cops. You fucking bastards!!!!",she yelled. I cringed at her voice as she started talking to herself. The big tough men left and gave up without a fight. Mary stood glaring at us then she raised her gun at me. Mark growled as he stepped beside me.

"its a shame really since I can't have you she can't either",she said pulling back the hammer. I looked at Mark and he was clenching his jaw.

"Mary, he said drawing her attention from me,please stop this now you need help. You hurt so many people and you drugged me for five years to make me love you. The thing is I did love you but you faked your death and I moved on. Please Mary just give up and get help",he begged.

She sighed and her face went from sinister to normal but it didn't last long. She pointed the gun at me again and Mark stepped in front of me.

"move stud please just move. We can be together now but the only way is to get rid of her",she said trying to see me but since Mark was so huge I was swallowed up behind his huge muscular frame.

She growled.
"Please move Mark I need to do this",she said whining. The cops were still outside but I saw a swat officer moving behind her. He had his gun aimed at her head and he stayed focused on her.

"Mary last chance to surrender or you will die",the cop said over the megaphone.

"go away!!!!", she yelled but her gaze stayed on Mark. The officer nodded at Mark and pressed his gun to the back of her head.

"put the gun down", he said in a deadly voice that made me shiver.

Her eyes widened and she sucked in a scared breath.

"no she needs to die!!!",she shrieked. He hit her hand and the gun clattered to the floor. He took her down and cuffed her. Kicking the gun away he approached us and looked at us for injuries.

"you two okay?", he asked after visually inspecting us.

"Yeah were fine now",Mark said pulling me to him. His arms snaked around me as he held me close. The officer nodded and talked into the thing on his shoulder. Others swarmed in and we answered questions.

Two hours later we went home and kissed our twins. I hugged my sisters who were crying in Sam's chest. It was finally over I thought as I kissed my sisters before they left.

Mark pulled me into his lap and took my mouth in a gentle but hungry kiss.

"I love you honey", he said between kisses.

"I love you to Mark and I'm glad its over",I said hugging him.

At least I hoped it was over.