Chapter 1

So it all started when I moved to the house besides the brothers from hell. Mom got sick and well lets just say dad bailed years ago.

So we bought a house besides the baddest guys in town. I worked two jobs to pay bills and help mom with medicine and household stuff.

The first evening I got off work I ran into Mark St. John. He was scary and very mean. He yelled at me for my siblings running in his yard and the noise. The nerve of this asshole.

He threw parties almost every weekend.

After apologizing he brushed past me and stormed away.

Prick.

The St. John men were all gorgeous and blond. They had bright blue eyes and muscles to die for.

Mark was the biggest and most troubled.

He lost his girlfriend a couple years ago and hated the thought of falling for someone that wasn't his Mary.

Anna came in and wanted to scream but her mom was sleeping. She started dinner and looked over the other kids homework.

Her mother yelled something about Emma being on the roof. Wait roof.

Holy shit she ran outside and wanted to die. Emma was on the neighbors roof.

She ran got the ladder and climbed to get to her sister. Her mom screamed when she slipped and some swears were coming from the St. Johns but she kept going. Emma was special and had mental issues but we all loved her alot.

Lord help me Anna prayed.

"Emma baby stay there...I coming".

Shit this is to high.

Emma laughed and Anna slipped again. When she started to fall two muscular arms wrapped around her waist.

She struggled at first till a gruff voice yelled at her to stop.

He pulled her inside and she all but sobbed.

"Wait my sister", she gasped.

"we got her...relax your tits woman".

Anna sagged and shuddered in a shaky breath.

"sorry for all the trouble...thanks for getting her.

Mark looked down at me pissed and stepped back releasing me.

"what the fuck lady you could of fell".

Anna sucked in air and bent over trying to get air in. She was surrounded by four angry brothers and her giggling sister.

Things were getting to her and she went to her knees still trying to get in air. "fuck man...what you do to her...she looks like she is about to pass out".

Anna was gasping and the room was spinning. She was still trying to focus and breathe.

Mark squatted down but she averted her gaze to the floor to breathe.

"easy short stuff....take in slow breathes". She tried but the room went black.

All four cussed and grabbed for her.

She was lifted by Mark and taken to his room.

He was pissed and worried.

She was so little and beautiful.

From what he could see she was to skinny and pale. She worked constantly and took care of her siblings.

He looked at her features and liked what he saw. Guilt snaked in but he ignored it.