Chapter 16: "What's this?"

Anya began to get better and better.

When the police and her parents found her in the forest, they immediately wanted to get her some sort of therapist to help, but she said she'd be fine. After all, she had one person she could talk to anything about without feeling awkward.

Max saw her more often, and they both spoke of their troubles with Berry alongside them. When Max actually first saw the little rabbit, he instantly began playing around with the furry guy. The forest was a great place to always be, and Berry definitely agreed.

Winter passed by pretty quick, and spring was something amazing to look at. However, Anya screamed when she saw the bees. Max would just laugh or jump to the surprise. They would tease each other over and over again, but they still helped each other with their depression.

One day, they were sitting underneath Anya's front yard tree; the same place in her dream.

"A lot has happened over the past months," Max said while sitting still.

"Maybe a bit too much," Anya added while sketching a picture of him for class. "I'm just now starting to remember who my family is."

"You aren't gonna call your dad Sean or your mom Charlotte anymore?"

"Nope. I mean, unless they want me to."

"Your speech has gotten better, too. I guess that's what ELA does to you."

"That Socratic seminar just made me go crazy with talking. I swear, no one else was talking."

"Heh, that's what happens when you mess with Awesome Anya!"

"You mad, Max?"

Max then gave Anya a "really" look, and she realized her mistake. She began to laugh so much that it hurt her side. He smacked the top of her head a bunch of times until she had to cover it with her journal. Finally, they stopped fighting and just began laughing at their goofiness.

Just then, Max began to fish something out of his pocket. Confused, Anya looked over at him. He held out this small envelope. She took it slowly from his hand, put her journal down, and flipped the envelope around a bunch of times. Glancing over at Max, she opened the small gift.

What she saw was a small paper that had this little letter on it, and on the front was written Answer Honestly. 

"What's this? Some sort of private message that I can't share with anyone else?"

"Y-you'll see," he answered while clearing his throat. "It's kinda embarrassing."

Anya read through the note, and her eyes widened as she read farther into it. While she was finishing, she spoke to Max.

"Wait... are you...?"

"Read on..."

By the end of the letter, it said So? Yes? No? Maybe so?

"Maybe....?" he said a bit skeptical.

She put the letter to her side and smiled at Max. He just looked at her puzzled at the response she was giving him. She just shook her head and slowly blinked her eyes.

"Sure. You are the only person that's asked me as I can remember. Plus, you're the only person I know really well."

And with that, Anya's journey through depression subsides. Sure, it might have been strange to her in the beginning and through the end, and there might be those times where she doesn't want to come out of her room. But that's what happens when you see a child grow up. Strange occurrences will take place, and they can be out of your control. Sometimes, you just need to see them learn on their own. Understanding you is possibly the most important thing that's kept her alive now.

Besides, I won't forget the day Charlotte told me of her waking up.

The End

K.C.T: HOLY CRAP!!! WHAT?!??!?! PLOT TWIST AND CLIFFHANGER?! Wow, I'm ending too many books, aren't I? Ik, it's sad, but hey I've got a lot coming up soon. Especially a special one coming up I believe either next Wednesday or a bit sooner. I'm not 100% sure on the release date, but yeah! Keep a lookout for that. Finally, what do you guys think was in that letter? Put your guesses down! I'll be sure to read them. Anyways, everybody say bai! OOWAY! <3