Chapter 2

It was hard for me to concentrate on my homework with Hailey trying to get me to tell her everything about Harry but of course she doesn't even know his name.

Today was my second day of school and everything went perfect.

I spent the whole day with Zac and Hailey and I think I can proudly consider both of them my friends. I thought it would be at least a little bit more difficult to make friends but I guess I was wrong.

"Mel, Melanie, Mels, Mellie.." She has been calling me nicknames since what felt like three hours ago when I last told her to shut up. She's impossible sometimes and right now is one of those times.

"Hailey I told you to shut up for God's sake! I'm trying to work!" She stuck her tongue out at me but at least she shut up. But just when I was about to start working on my homework again she started talking.

"Mel, Melanie, Mels, Mellie.. tell me who is this Harold again?" I gasped and she laughed at me.
She started shouting "I got you! I got you!" like a 5 year old.

Of course. My notebook. I thought I was smarter than that! How could I forget?

"GIVE IT BACK TO ME HAILEY!" I started to chase her like if my life depended on it, well it sort of did.

You see my notebook, as I like to call it, is where I write my thoughts when they are just too much. Sort of like a diary but it doesn't tell people my life, just the meaningful parts of it, sort of the clue words and one of those depressing days I dedicated a page to him. Just like writing his name and different love quotes. I get really love sick sometimes.

When she was about to walk out of my room I just tackled her to the ground not caring if I would hurt her, or in the worst case myself. I was on top of her so I took advantage of our positiong and got the notebook out of her hands hugging it to my chest so that she couldn't grab it.

"Soo.. this Harold is the one you've been thinking right Mel?" Millions of memories came rushing through my mind to the familiar nickname.

"Mel, come on it's gonna be fun! We should go" Harry said as we were walking to my house. Of course he was just making my brother a favor, he would never walk me home by it's own will.

"I don't really know Harry, I don't even know the people who are hosting the party" I said as I tried not to look into his mesmerizing green eyes.

"But I do! And they told me to invite whoever I wanted! They need people! Please, do me a favor just this time."

Of course they needed people, for a second I thought he wanted me to be there. By this time we were already outside my house and when I looked up he was looking at me with a confused expression only to be replaced quickly by a pleading look.

"Okay I will go" I just watched as his dimpled smile appeared before I whispered a "Bye" an got inside my house.

When I came back from my daydreaming I found Hailey trying to guess the password of my phone. "Stop it girl!" I told her and took my phone out of her hands. "You should respect my things!"

"Come on Mel! We're friends! You're not my mother!" She said pouting at me like a baby. Now that I think of it, she actually acts like a baby all the time.

"Let's just go and eat something okay?" I said trying to make her forget about Harry.

She surprised me by saying yes, I couldn't help but let her see my surprised expression but I quickly replaced it with what I hoped was a not so nervous grin.

We went downstairs to see what whe should cook. I wanted brownies and she wanted cookies, but I, being the perfect hostess, told her that there wasn't any other option. We had to eat brownies. After hearing her complain about why cookies were better we ended up cooking brownies. 

We didn't talked much while making them because we were busy making the dough. We weren't good chefs so it was a difficult work. But when they were on the oven she brought the topic that I hoped was well buried back up.

"So... Is this Harold like.. uhm.. your secret boyfriend?" she asked trying to bring him up in the most "I hope it looks natural" but was far from casual way.

"No Hailey, he is just my friend" I told her trying not to look into her eyes.

"Are you sure? I mean that he IS a friend?" She said emphazising the is. I just nodded, I couldn't bring myself to look at her eyes knowing that she will realize I was lying.

"A friend with whom you fantasize every day? Sometimes? Maybe?" To that I had to answer.

"Well.. Yeah.. Maybe.. Okay, sometimes.." I could feel my cheeks warming. Ugh. I hate it when people have the power to make me blush. I just hate it.

"Oh my God girl! So you DO like him, don't you?" I nodded again and muttered a "Well sort of.." which she ignored by the way.

"You need to tell me everything! Wait you ARE going to tell me everything, right?" She asked me with puppy eyes. And in that second the timer went off. Thank God.

"Yeah, yeah I guess I'll have to" I said turning around to cover my blush. She jumped up and down like a baby and pulled the cookies out from the oven. 

When we were on my room I just told her what she asked me I suck at telling stories.

Basically I told her his name was actually Harry Styles, that he has always been my brother's best friend so he basically lived in my house or vice versa and that our families have always been in good terms.

"And where you guys like sort of dating or in a relationship?" I just laughed at her and she was looking at me with a confused expression so I answered her question.

"No, we've never dated before." I felt like an idiot confessing this to her "But I've liked him like for five months and just when I thought he liked me back we had to move to the Upper Side" She never answered and I had to wait for two minutes which seemed like two hours for her to do it.

When she did she simply said "Oh, well that's too bad. We'll have to do something about it"

I don't want to think of what she's planning.

--