Chapter 10

Melanie's POV

We dropped Hailey first because I was shotgun and Zac said, and I may quote, that he wasn't "a chauffeur" and he wouldn't be driving alone in the drive seat until he got home. He acts so childish sometimes.

"Bye Hailey!" I yelled while she was walking to her front door.

After five minutes of a not awkward but not so comfortable silence either I decided on trying to make small talk with Zac.

"I know the truth Zac" I told him while turning around to see his reaction.

"Really? Tell me Mel, the truth about what?" He said faking interest.

"Everything" I said shrugging.

"That whole driving alone and being a chauffeur thing was bull" I said quoting with my hands the chauffeur thing "You only did it to spend more time with me" I smiled and moved my eyebrows up and down in a suggestive manner. Obviously joking.

"Really?" He said while laughing "Well now that you put it that way" We were on my front porch now, he stopped mid-sentence and got out from the car to open my door.

"Thanks" I said while getting off.

"It sounds reasonable" He said smiling "Yeah, yeah that's why I did it. But please do not tell Hailey about this" He said looking serious now "She'll probably kill me in my sleep" He said laughing which of course sent me instantly into laughing mode.

I've always had a weird way of laughing, you know? The whole 'close your eyes, throw your head back and laugh uncontrollably' was my type of laughing and tonight wasn't the exception to it, but how I wish it had been a different way...

So I closed my eyes and turned my head backwards but when I composed myself and turned to look at Zac his face was way much closer than what I remembered. Not to mention he wasn't looking at my eyes but at my lips.

Me, being the awkward self I am, had no idea what to do.

Just kiss him, I heard my subconscious saying.

What? No! Of course I don't want to kiss him!

Then act like it Mel!

Zac was getting closer by the second and he even closed his eyes, preparing himself to kiss me.

You've got to do something about it you dumb ass! I could literally feel her rolling her eyes.

"Um Zac?" I murmured literally on his lips.

"Yeah?" He answered, his voice sounding low, distant and sort of nervous too.

"What are you doing?" That was probably the worst and the stupidest thing you could've said. Way to go Melanie.

At least he got the clue that I wasn't going to kiss him because he slowly straightened his back and evaded my eyes.

"Oh em.. uh.. N.. Nothing I'm sorry" He said while looking to the ground.

"No, don't worry. I'm sorry" I said smiling apologetically at him, even if he was the one trying to kiss him I felt bad for not being able to answer him in the way he wanted. He never saw my smile, he was too occupied looking for bugs in the grass to look at me.

"Thanks for the ride Zac?" It sounded more like a question but I had no clue as what I should say to Zac.

"Good night" He said while I turned around to face my house.

I was so embarrased by what just happened that the only thing I could think while walking towards my house was the awkward moment we would have the next time we meet.