Chapter 4

My day couldn't have started any better.

Ahem. Note the sarcasm.

I woke up to find my house empty, that means I slept until my brain told me to and that, most of the times, doesn't work. Today was one of those days.

I woke up 10 minutes later after my first class started, I did my usual routine to get ready when I realized I was already late so i just thought, why hurry if i'm gonna be late anyway?

That's how I ended in the kitchen, having breakfast alone. In case you were wondering, my parents were already at work.

It was Thursday by now, two days after the "party" at Zac's house, and I haven't heard anything about Harry yet and I swear I was going crazy. I always hoped that someone will mention him at school or I always kept waiting for my parents to bring him to the conversation. It was driving me insane to think that he could be walking down the road in this right second and I was just eating my breakfast as if nothing important was happening. I couldn't help but think that maybe he doesn't really cares about me because if he did he would have talked to me or called me or at least called my parents.

My mind was an ocean of unconnected thoughts that I was trying to put in order but right then my phone buzzed and saved me from doing it. It was a text from James. I smiled happily at the thought of the weird blondie that I met a the party. I'm kidding it was the other way around, I'm the weirdo he's the normal guy.

The message just said: *Hey* so I replied a *hi* back. I checked the hour and saw I was just on time to get to school. I grabbed my backpack and walked all the way there because I usually ride the bus or, in this situations, mom drives me to school but she isn't home.

I arrive a little bit early, just in time to get my books out of my locker and walk to my next class: History.

I HATE history. Some people think it's cool because they see it as a game or as a story but for me? For me it means an hour of extra sleep.

When I got there Hailey was sitting at her usual spot which was in the middle of the classroom but a little bit more to the back and when she saw me she patted the desk that was on her side.

"History class is the best class ever, isn't it Hailey?" Let me tell you we both hate this class.

"Yes! My life wouldn't be complete without it, but hey! where were you?"

"I woke up like 10 minutes late and decided not to go to the first class" She just looked at me with a surprised face.

"What? You are going to tell me you have never done that?" She moved her head from side to side. "Never?" She repeated her movements again until I started laughing at her face. "Omg! You should have seen your face! You looked like if I was you mother, I don't know" I said between laughs. I couldn't stop laughing and suddenly she joined me too.

We were both out of breath when the teacher arrived. She shushed us the second she got into the classroom and we did our best to stop laughing, only keeping some tiny smiles on our lips. I had forgotten what was to laugh for nothing, it has been so long since I last laughed like that with a friend.

Sure I had friends at Downtown but when they heard I was leaving to the Upper Side they thought that I would change so they sort of excluded me from the group, except one of them. Her name is Tess. Even though she knew I was coming to the Upper Side she still treated me like a best friend would. She did everything she could to cheer me up but that wasn't easy.

That's how I learned not to trust people too easily, but here I am. Not even a week from meeting Hailey and she knows more than what the other girls did, well except from Tess. She knew everything about Harry and my daydreams with him.

History class was soon over and so was my day. After school Zac, Hailey and I went to my house in Zac's car because it was way too hot for me to walk home. I invited them over so we could watch movies and do homework. Even though we never did the homework part.

It was 5 o'clock and we had watched two of the Fast and Furious movies by now. We were bored as hell.

Hailey and Zac were sprawled on the floor looking at the black TV while I was doing the same but from the couch when suddenly Hailey jumped like a frog from the floor and screamed "Let's go and play with water! Like a water fight!" Zac immediately approved this idea and within seconds he was on his feet and running to my backyard. I, being the lazy one, just groaned and hided my face on the pillow but Hailey grabbed the pillow from my hands. I was looking at her like if I was trying to kill her. Why did she had to suggest an activity that will make me move?

"Mel come on! You have to lend me a swim suit!" Great. Why couldn't she just use her clothes? I should lend her my swimsuit, yeah but that implies a trip upstairs to my room that I don't want to do.. But we know how persistent she is... "Ugh. You are gona pay for this Hail" I told her as I ascended the stairs with her following behind.

I let her choose her swimsuit and I grabbed my favorite bikini and putted some shorts on. When we were both ready we went to the backyard where Zac already had water balloons, I have no idea where he got them from, and had the hose in hand.

Well, let the water fight begin.

--