Chapter 13

MELANIE'S POV

Its Wednesday.

Its freaking Wednesday and Harry hasn't even tried to make a single move to apologize.

He hasn't even tried to talk to me. Not even to say hi and act normal as if nothing had happened but neither to say sorry or try to make a move on me and to be honest I was impressed. Impressed because of the way I was reacting to this whole "fight" thing that I started in the first place. Wasn't this what I wanted? To be left alone and move on? To never see him again? Yeah good luck with that.

My inner Mel gave me her opinion on the matter. Seriously, where was her 'turn off' button? She was the main reason all my insecurities existed in the first place, she was the main reason that I was trying to win my place back. My dignity back.

Yes. That's exactly what you wanted and you did the right thing.

"Earth down to Melanie?? Hello!" Hailey clapped her hands impatiently in front of my face, breaking down the spell I was into.

"Oh God" I groaned putting my head in my hands "I'm so sorry Hail, I just have a lot of things in mind."

"You know what? Don't worry about it anymore, I'm going to go looking for Zac" and with that she left me.

Of course she was going to get mad! Zoning in and out from a conversation isn't exactly the perfect way of keeping your friends happy!

Ughh. Why is life so complicated?? No. Why do you make life so complicated?

Great inner phylosophical Mel, you should shut up.

First things got awkward with Zac, then I lost Harry and now Hailey is mad at me. Who wants to be me? No one.

I miss how simple my life used to be. Things were easier back in Downtown. I was alone and everything I needed to focus on was being happy with, and about myself; but of course those things never happened. It never mattered how hard I tried to be happy, at the end I never accomplished it. My only theory is that one of the things that help you feel full and completely happy is socializing, or the feeling of belonging somewhere and always having someone to rely on, some of the things I never had.

So no. Being alone right now isn't an option. I'm going to go find Hailey and tell her everything that happened between me and Harry because if I do not have him and I do not have her, who do I have??

Rolling my eyes at the irony of it all I left for my next class, and thankfully, my last one.The one that will end this living hell.

The only thing I wanted right now more than fixing this mess was going home, getting inside my blankets and sleep for a good whole day or two. Maybe three if I was lucky enough.

---

Class went by as fast as it could go when you have your mind set somewhere else and mine was settled on finding Hailey, apologizing and explaining the reason why I was so absent the last week. The only problem was to find her.

I had texted her a few times during class to see if she was willing to make this easier for me and just tell me where she was but, apparently, those weren't her plans, I was going to have to look for her manually.

The first place I went to was her locker, then I checked the girls bathroom and the parking lot but she wasn't on any of those places.

Who knew that Hailey was a good hider?

Lastly I decided on checking the school patio to see if she was there waiting for her mom, I know it may sound stupid but when you put thought into it, it really makes sense to hide there in an attempt to avoid me. I was dissappointed to find the patio empty aside from a couple making out and what seemed to be a cute third wheeler sitting next to them looking bored.