DIY: Dip Dye Shorts

Materials
White Denim Shorts
RIT Box Dye ( you can find it at any store like Wal- Mart in the craft section or even the Laundry isle)
2 (or 3 depending on how many colors you want to use) Large containers of warm water
Rubber Gloves
Garbage Bags

Making the dye
Choose the colors you want to use and mix them separately in your containers of warm water. (Follow Mixing Instructions on back of Box.. I would only use 2-3 colors so your colors have less chance of running and mixing together)

Instructions
- First dip the top of your shorts, (button side), in the dye first. Let any excess dye drip. You do not need to let the shorts soak, they will absorb the color quickly.
-Next... turn your shorts over and dip the bottom half into your next color. Let drip. ( If you are doing three colors, remember to leave room at the very bottom.. I recommend choosing colors that will fade nicely into each other.)
- Lay flat to dry ( you could hang them if you want but just make sure you let all the excess color drip out so it won't bleed or move).

** If you want to make the colors lighter and less saturated just rinse under faucet between each color ( be careful and let it all drip out before moving to the next)

** Also.. you do not have to stick to the common "top and bottom" dip dye. You can turn your shorts any way you want and make that pattern on each side, diagonal, however you want. Be creative!

Then your done!😘