Chapter 10: Lucy

"It'll be tough so I'm counting on you. Do your best." Laxus said

We've arrived at his car with a driver waiting for us. "This way."

"Chief?" It's Chief Macao. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing?" He crossed his arms to his front and his wearing globes. What's going on here?

"Conbolt-san declined a transfer offer to the hotel in Sdyney. Because his son had exams this year he says. You prioritize your home over work, huh? Who does that? Let's go." Laxus said and get inside his car. I really hate this guy. I could have punched this jerk if he wasn't my boss. He demoted Chief Macao to be his driver just because he declined his offer? This guy is truly a demon.

Laxus and I went to his favorite restaurant here in Magnolia.

"Oh, Lucy?" and unexpectedly we bumped into his little sister. "Another matchmaking?"

"I'm Lucy's elder brother." Laxus said to the guy with Lucy.

"I'm the new Saber Bank's Sting Eucliffe." He said and stood up and bowed to Laxus

"I see."

"This is my little sister Lucy." Laxus said introducing her to me.

"And this is Gray. The leader for the project in Paris." He added and I bowed at her

"Ehh... So you're Gray Fullbuster." She said

"Should we go?" Laxus said "Take your time." he said to Sting and we take a sit in one of the table inside

"So then, what should I get?" he looks at the menu but still order the same damn thing. "What do you want?"

"I'll leave it to you." I said

"Count me in." Lucy came to our table and take her seat.

"How could you leave your partner?" Laxus asked

"Being here looks more fun." She said "Do you drink?" referring to me

"If it's only a little."

"I see."

Laxus phone ring and he picks it up right away. "Hello? Mira-chan? Long time no see. I'm in Ebisu thinking of what to eat. How about you?" He said and gets up to talk outside

"I heard from Laxus, he says you're very capable man." She asked

"I'm not."

Laxus came back and says something has come up and he needs to leave. "You eat with Lucy, kay? The foie gras here is so good. It's a masterpiece." He said and leaves the both of us again.

I grab my bag and stood up. "I'll be leaving too."

"Hey, you're telling me to eat alone?" she stopped me

"How about returning to your own seat?" I said and look at Sting outside "Your partner is waiting."

"I choose who I eat with. Since you're also my employee be a little obedient. Sit down." She said. This woman...she's worse than Laxus. I don't have a choice but to obey her orders.

"The matchmaking partners are always so boring." She called that good looking guy boring? Cana might fall for him just a second she met him.

"My father only sees me as a tool to expand the hotel." She said

"Then you should just call it off in the first place. Because you let them know you're only there with half-hearted feelings, is why you can't meet a right person in the first place." I said to her face

"W-what're you saying? How dare you say that to me? Who do you think you are? That's it. I'm leaving." She said and stands up. As soon as she turned around a waiter is passing by and she bump into him with the hot soup.

"AHhh!" Lucy yelp

"Are you alright? Please wait a moment." The waiter said. I get up and get a towel and dipped it to the bucket of ice on the table nearby.

"It's hot." She said and I put the towel on her thigh where she got the burn

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

"Please don't make such a fuss. Just in case, I'll take you to the hospital." I said and helped her walk outside where a taxi awaits us. I take her to the hospital to check her burn.

Good thing it's nothing serious, or Laxus will think I'm responsible for it. After that I take her home, just to be sure she's fine.

---

To be continued...