Chapter 12: Broken Trust

Today is the day! It's my birthday and Gray-sama agreed on a double date with Erza-san.

"Yokohama. Do you want to go there?" Jellal-san asked holding Erza-san's hand

"Sure thing. Why not?" she said

"Yes, like we've never went to Yokohama." Jellal-san said. They seemed to be having fun together. Unlike us, Gray-sama won't even hold my hand, instead he keep his hands on his pocket.

"Oh! It looks good!" he said

"It's delicious!" Erza-san said

"It's hot!" Jellal-san said

"Should we have some beef manju too?" I asked Gray-sama

"We'll be full when we go for a meal after this." He said coldly

"I guess you're right."

"This looks fun." Jellal-san pointed out to a toy store "Let's go inside."

"No, thanks, you go take a look." Erza-san said

"I'll go with you." I said

"Come on." He said and we enter the store. Gray-sama and Erza-san waits outside the store.

---

Normal POV

"They're really into it." Erza said while looking at the two. Jellal tried a Budda suit and Juvia laughs on him.

"Yeah, yeah. Looks good." She said

"This one." She said and picks a panda head and put it on her head

"It suits you!" said Jellal

"Gray, when is your birthday? Should I tell you some fortune telling? I have an app for love fortune telling." Erza said and grabs her phone from her bag

Juvia wants to show her panda head to the two, so she went out wearing the panda on her head.

"April 6th." He said. Juvia overhead Gray's birthday.

"Eh? April 6. Wasn't that 2 weeks ago?"

"Yeah."

Juvia remove the panda in her head and went out the store without saying it to the others.

"You should properly tell her those things, you know." Erza said "Since you keep a poker face, Juvia gets insecure."

"Where is Juvia?" Jellal asked

"She's inside." Erza said

"No, she's not."

"You're kidding."

"No, she's really not."

"She's not outside."

"No way."

"Where'd she go?"

"That's weird."

"Where'd she go to?"

Gray looked for Juvia everywhere but he can't find her. "Juvia, where did you go?"

Juvia went to a shop and buy a present for Gray. She wrote a card saying [Happy Birthday. Sorry it's belated. –Juvia]

Gray keeps on looking around until she found Juvia.

"Ah Gray-sama!"

"What were you thinking? Don't just disappear! Say something if you're going somewhere!" Gray scolds Juvia and she hides the paper bag behind her back. "You're an adult but think of people around you as well."

"As I thought...me and you...we're like teacher and student. I just...Juvia don't understand what you're thinking." Juvia said

"What do you mean?"

"You don't even tell me about your birthday. Also...Are you dating Lucy-san?"

"Huh?"

"What's your answer?" Juvia said raising her voice.

"I'm just going with her desires under the Director's order."

"And you can't go against Director's order?"

"That's where I stand."

"Is where you stand that important to you?" Juvia said raising her voice on Gray again. The agony she's feeling can't hide anymore. "Everyone is talking about you two. They said you guys are going out. When actually it's with me."

"It won't change if you we're open about this. If I go against the company-"

"In the end what matters to you is yourself." Juvia said and run. She went to the road that she's almost hit by a car. She dropped the paper bag and the present she brought feel on the road.

Gray run after her but as soon as he saw the scarf Juvia bought her, Juvia run away from Gray again.

---

To be continued...