Chapter 16: Break up

Juvia's POV

On my way home after Erza-san's wedding I bumped into Lyon again.

"Juvia."

"What're you doing here? It'll be bad if people saw you." I asked and grab him somewhere else

"I wanted to apologize about that article. I thought it might've caused you trouble." Silence filled the air.

"Did something happen?"

"Today was my friend's wedding. Gray-sama was supposed to come too.. but he didn't. He won't even answer my calls." I said

"He must've misunderstood. I'll apologize too.. so let's see him together." Lyon said and we went to Gray-sama's condo.

"But I don't know if he's home." I said

"If he's not we'll just wait for him." Lyon said and a taxi stopped by the front.

"Be careful." Said the guy helping a blonde girl to get out of the taxi. Isn't that...Gray-sama and Lucy-san?

He carried his shoulders. Lyon tried to stop me but I approach the two

"Gray-sama." I called

"Juvia?" Why is he that surprised to see me? Is it because he is holding a drunken blonde woman?

"I thought what kind of girl she was. Seems plain. She's no big deal, is she?" Lucy-san approached me and criticizes me. Lyon rushes through Gray and punched him in the face.

"Lyon! Lyon! What are you doing?!" I said and went to Gray-sama on the floor. Lyon grabbed my paper bag and held me.

"Let's go home." He said

"Wait! Stop it!"

"Juvia!"

"Please, just go. I want to talk to Gray-sama alone." I said and Lyon dropped my paper bag back and left.

"Please leave for today." Gray-sama said to Lucy-san.

"Sure then. Good day." She said. So she's only acting all drunk when she can walk properly in heels.

"Why were you with Lucy-san?" I asked and he seated on the sofa

"Why were you with that guy?" he said turning the tables down.

"That's because..."

"Don't see him again." He said

"I can't do that."

"Why?"

"Because he's my friend. I want to be there for him when he needs me. He's not a lover but...he's someone important"

"Not a lover but he's someone important? I can't understand your way of thinking." He said

"I'm the one who can't understand. I was looking forward to seeing you after 6 months...Why were you with Lucy-san..."

"There's no romance between me and her." He said raising his voice

"Even without love, you can still marry her for career advancement perks, right? You're always putting yourself first. Your career. Your own pace. Your own convenience. Just what am I to you, Gray-sama?" I asked but he took time to respond.

"I wonder too."

"Am I properly in your heart, Gray-sama? It's hard for me to understand when I don't know that. Why can't you stay by my side?"

"That's because..." he said and get up to face me

"I wanted to feel closer to you. I want to hold your hands. I just wanted just a single word of kindness from you...During those times, Lyon's the one that was by my side. Even though Lyon is dealing with horrible bashing himself, he silently listens to me and smiles as if nothing's wrong. Lyon.. would never make me insecure the way you do."

"I see. For this to happen after only 6 months... It's over. Leave." He said and went over to his room.

Is this how it's going to end? I leave his unit and I feel like my knees are trembling. I feel like my heart is falling into pieces. It hurts so much. Waiting for a guy for 6 months and this is what he'll repay me? You're such a stupid jerk Gray-sama! I can't stop the falling of my tears until I went home. I still think about what happened before going to bed. I cry and cry until I fall from slumber.

---

To be continued...