Chapter 8

I woke up on someone's chest and arms wrapped around me. I almost freaked out, not knowing who it was, but then all the memories of yesterday came flooding in and I remembered it was Jack.

I tried getting up, but his grip was too tight. So, I laid back down on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. After what felt like twenty minutes, Jack stirred awake. I looked up to be met with his beautiful brown eyes already staring at me.

"Good morning." He smiled. "How'd you sleep?" He yawned.

"Pretty good." I smiled. "What about you?" I asked him.

"I've never slept better." He pulled me closer to his chest. I wrapped my arm around his waist, enjoying the moment.

"Sam?" Someone groaned from the other side of my door.

My eyes widened, and I looked up at Jack. "Alex, is gonna kill you." I pushed him away. "Hide." He followed my instruction and hid in my closet.

"Sammy? Are you awake?" Alex asked again.

"U-uh yeah." I said. He came trudging in, and dropped face first on my bed. "Why'd you leave so early?" He mumbled.

"I wasn't feeling very good." I said. It was half of the truth. I really wasn't feeling good, it's better he didn't know why. "So, Jack, brought me back."

"What was wrong?" He instantly got up, but regretted doing so, as he grabbed his throbbing head.

"Nothing bad, I just, wasn't very comfortable." I said.

He nodded understandingly, "I told you." He said.

"I know," I sighed. "I forget that you're so wise." I said sarcastically. There was noise that came out from my closet, like a snort. Oh, Jack, I'm gonna kill you.

"What was that?" Alex asked, raising his eyebrow.

"What was what?" I played dumb.

"There was a sound-"

"Alex, I'm hungry." I groaned. "Make me food, pwease?" I pouted.

"Ahh, don't pout." He groaned. "You know I can't say no when you pout."

I continued until he caved.

"Fine." He sighed, trudging towards the door. "Only because I love you."

"Love you too, bro!" I giggled.

Once I saw the coast was clear, I made my way over to my closet and opened the door.

"Jack, you almost blew your cover!" I whispered yelled. "Jack?" I questioned, when I couldn't see him. "Where did you go?"

A hand came out of the dark closet and pulled me in. I yelped in shock, as I landed on something -or should I say someone.

"Jack!" I complained.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I just love messing with ya."

"I'm glad you enjoy teasing me." I replied sarcastically. "Come on, if Alex finds us like this, he's gonna kill you."

"Just wait." He said, tightening his hold around my waist.

"Why? What's wrong?" I turned around slightly, so I could see him.

"I-I just wanted to say.." He looked. "I really am sorry about yesterday."

"Jack-"

"I promised I was going to protect you, and I failed."

"Jack-"

"I'm really, really sorry."

"Jac-"

"I failed you." He looked so sad right now, I wanted to slap some sense into him. He did not fail me.

He kept talking and wouldn't let me get a word in. I heard someone coming up the stairs and immediately knew who it was.

"Jack-"

"I'm such an idiot." He kept rambling on.

"Ja-"

"Alex, should beat me up."

I heard Alex, coming closer and I had no choice, I had to shut Jack up. Without thinking, I grabbed his cheeks and smashed our lips together. His eyes widened in shock, and suddenly I felt very stupid.

I just kissed Jack.

Oh my gosh.

Kill me now.

I quickly let him go, and looked down. By now, Alex had entered my room, and Jack got the message. I could still feel him staring at me, but I didn't have the courage to meet him in the eye.

When Alex, realized I was no longer in my room and went to go look for me somewhere else, I still refused to look at Jack.

"S-sorry, Jack." I told him shyly. "Don't h-hate me." I stuttered with embarrassment.

"Sammy," he finally said, after a few seconds -felt like hours- of silence. I looked down at the ground, still really embarrassed. I just kissed my brothers best friend, who's my best friend, who's also my crush. I will never live this down.

I quickly got up, ready to get away from my closet -and embarrassment. My hand was on the door knob, ready to turn it, when Jack grabbed my arm.

"Wait, Sammy." He said. He turned me around to face him.

"Jack, really, I-I'm sor-" I was cut off with Jack's soft lips pressed against mine. My eyes widened in shock.

When my brain finally registered what was going on, I finally kissed him back. He smiled into the kiss. I couldn't help it, my hands traced his chest all the way up to his neck. He pressed his body against me until my back was completely up against the closet door. His hands were securely on my waist, while I played with his hair.

He broke the kiss first. Leaning his forehead against mine, he smiled. We were both panting pretty hard, apparently we'd been kissing for a while -which I wasn't complaining.

"You don't know how long and how much I've wanted to kiss you." He breathed. Not letting me answer, he bent down and kissed me again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm in a Jack Barakat mood. He's just so damn adorable.

Is anyone even reading this story?