Chapter 13

"What do you want to do?" Nessa asked me as she plopped down, stomach first, on her bed. "I don't know," I said walking over to her. "Move," I told her, pushing her head slightly. "No," she teased. "Okay. Have it your way," I said as I sat down on her butt sideways, with my feet dangling off the edge of the bed.

"Get off!" she said as she moved around underneath me to try to get me to fall off. "No," I said, copying her. "Oh my gawd, you're so annoying! And heavy. Get off me!" she said trying to wiggle around even more. I just laughed and layed down all the way on top of her.

"Get your fat ass off of me," she said, finally pushing me off her and moving over. "Can we watch a scary movie?" I asked her doing my best pouty face. "No. Never in a million years," she said sitting up and crossing her arms. "Please?" I asked again.

She closed her eyes and turned her head away from me but I poked her dimple, causing her to look at me. "Fine!" she said getting off the bed to grab a scary movie. "I'm gunna grab something to eat," I told her as I skipped out the door and down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Fat ass.." I heard her mumble quietly. "I HEARD THAT!" I yelled as I rounded the corner into the kitchen. I could slightly hear her laughing. I opened the fridge and immediately spotted some strawberries and half a watermelon left. I grabbed them and set them onto the counter.

I opened the cupboards and shuffled a few thing around before finding some magic shell chocolate syrup, the kind that dries right away. I rinsed the strawberries, dried them, and set them in rows before pouring the chocolate syrup on each berry. After I finished with that, I placed the tray in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.

I grabbed a cutting board and placed the watermelon on top before slicing up the melon into little pieces. I put the melon into a big bowl and placed the dishes into the sink. Then I grabbed the tray out from the fridge and placed it onto the counter once again. The berries looked so appetizing. I placed the chocolate covered berries on a platter and threw the tray into the sink.

After grabbing a few drinks and the fruit, I balanced it in my hands as I made my way up the dim lit stairs. I walked into Nessa's room and placed the items onto the night side table. "I found some fruit and I grabbed us a few cokes," I call out loudly into the room.

I don't get an answer, just quietness. "Listen, bitch. A thank you would be n-" I'm cut off as I turn my body around to survey the room. It's empty and the TV isn't on. The little twinkly star lights that drape across her room are the only lights that are on, so I can't really see much.

I turn around once more to see if maybe I hadn't spotted her the first time and she was just ignoring me or something. Nothing. I place my hands onto my hips and frown at the empty room. Where could she have gone? "Vanessa!" I yell as I start to walk out of her room. No answer.

I walk across the hall, into my room, and turn the light switch on to brighten it up a bit. "Ness, are you in here?" I ask, although it's kind of unlikely that she'd be in here right now. Nothing again. I shut off the light and closed the door, walking down the hall and opening all the doors and shouting for her.

"Nessa, you're starting to scare me now. Come on out," I yell. No response. She's actually starting to piss me off now. I decide just to turn around and go back into her room to check my phone. I walk in and am just about to turn to go towards the tv to put on the movie, when I'm startled rather really badly.

"BOO!!" I literally jump a few feet in the air and quickly turn around to see Vanessa bent over in laughter. "Oh-my-god! You... should... see... your-" her sentence is cut off by her falling to the ground and holding her sides tightly. I can not believe the nerve of her. I swear my heart is beating a mile a minute.