Chapter 17

It was the end of the day and Markus and I were walking towards the music rooms.

He had placed his guitar in one of the music rooms which we have kindly asked our teacher to reserve for us.

We went in to see the writing

'You will both pay.'

In spray paint on the wall.

"I'm so sorry." I apologised, after all, it is my fault for being nice to him. If he never made friends with me, he wouldn't have to deal with the people who hate me.

"It's not your fault. You didn't force me to be friends with you. I chose to become your friend and I had chose for you to be my tour guide." he said

"What do you mean? You don't get to pick." I said.

"I did. I'm so sorry but I can't tell you yet. But I promise I will tell you one day."

"Fine. Lets get a teacher to tell them about this." I gestured to the wall.

We walked to find a teacher in a awkward silence. What did he mean by him choosing me? What's that supposed to mean.

We found Mr Butchers sitting at his desk as if nothing had happened.

"Sir, can you come with us for a second?" Markus asked.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Just come." I said as I walked out his office.

I showed him our room and boy was he shocked.

"Who did this?" He gasped.

"We think its Brandon and Amy. also probably Candy." Markus said.

"Why would they do such a thing?"

Neither of us said anything.

"I'll get the caretaker to take care of this. Ha. Funny. In the meantime, you guys can go to the practice room next door. There is also a piano in there but its not as good as this one."

"Ok. Thanks." We said as Markus grabbed his guitar and we went next door.

"So lets practice our instrumental parts first then we can hear each other sing a verse and then we can arrange where each of us sing." I said as I sat down on the piano chair.

We practised our parts together so we would know how fast to play it.

"Ok you sing first since you know I have been taking lessons." he said as he sat on the floor with his legs crossed.

I didn't realise how much I didn't want to sing for him until then.

I swallowed and breathed out. I started singing quietly and wasn't sure whether I was in tune.

I finished the verse and looked at Markus.

"Was I alright?" I asked.

"You were waaaaaaay better than alright! That was amazing! How come you have so many talents?" He said smiling.

"Okay it's your turn now." And of course he was great.

"So now we order this." I said sitting beside him on the floor.

"You should sing verse one, then we sing the chorus together. I will sit verse two and then we sing the chorus. you should sing the first part of the bridge and I will sing the next. We will finish it by harmonising together in the last chorus." He said outing my name and his on the lyric sheet.

I had no experience in this so I just nodded.

We learned our lines and tried singing together. At first we didn't know how to blend our voices since his was rich and smooth like country music whereas I had a more pop type of voice.