Day 8: He's Waiting

Day 8: He’s Waiting

“How are you now, Vanessa?”

“I’m okay, mom. Still alive and kickin’. You don’t have to worry about me.”

I heard my mom sigh deeply.

“What’s with that? Aren’t you happy that I’m okay?” I asked.

“Of course I’m happy! What are you talking about? It’s just that… that .. I can’t imagine seeing you in that state.”

Great! Just great! Am I that ugly???

“Why? Am I now ugly? Did I lose my beautiful complexion already?”

“No, baby. Hindi lang ako sanay na makita kang nakahiga lang sa kama mo paggising ko. Sanay akong nakikita kang nakaupo sa sofa sa may sala while reading magazines. I-I’m sorry, baby.”

*sigh*

Here we go again. This lady in front of me is such a cry baby -_-

“Mom, I said I don’t like to see you crying! If you didn’t stop it, I’ll quit on therapy.”

“No! you should continue that! You need that, atleast. Vanessa, I believe that you’ll be heal. Do you believe?”

“Of course I do! Even without that medical whatever, I’ll be okay. I am strong! Have you already forgotten that?”

“Vanessa—“

“Mom, I’m tired. I want to take a rest.” And with that, I covered myself with my blanket. Ayoko na makipagusap. Nanghihina na naman ako. I hate this situation of mine! I am like…what do they call that??? Embalido??? Yeah, embalido. I’m more like that. And I hate it!

*poke*

*poke*

“Hey! Sleepyhead! Wake up!”  arrghh … who is this stranger?

Idinilat ko ang mata ko para makita ang kumalabit sa’kin. And there I saw the guy that I wanted to marry.

“What’s up with you? Can’t you see, I’m sleeping?” I said.

“Oh, there you are. The bitch Vanessa? Is that you?” WTH? ‘Bitch Vanessa’? where did he get that?

“What did you call me?”

“A ‘bitch’. B-I-T-C-H.” at talagang inispell nya pa ah? Ito lang ba ang sasabihin nya sa’kin?

“Nice nam—“ pinutol na nya ang sasabihin ko.

“Beautiful, Innocent, Tough, Careless but Hot Vanessa.” And then he flashed his smile. The smile that gives shiver to my soul.

“O-kay? Is that a compliment?” I asked. Para kasing contrast sa isa’t-isa yung mga sinabi nya, but he’s right. I am all of that.

“It’s up to you.” He said.

“Okay, I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“Come on, get up!” arggh … this guy—kung hindi ko lang ‘to mahal baka nasipa ko na ‘to eh. ang kulit.

“What do you want?” sagot ko, sabay upo na.

“Let’s have a date.” Pastor ba talaga ‘to? maangas pa din hanggang ngayon eh tss

“What if I don’t l—“

*tsup*

“Haha.. magsasalita pa kasi eh. I didn’t ask you, if you’ve noticed. It’s a command. So get up pretty lady. And after 15 minutes, we’re going.”