Chapter 10 (The Punch)

We are now standing outside of Mambo Jumbo. I don't know whether I should be angry, curious or happy that he had my back in the restaurant just now.

He was just leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets as usual the cool guy. So, I decided to be happy and little tiny bit of curiousness. So, I smiled at him and said thanks to him.

"Just thanks?" He said that while smirking.

"Then, what do you expect me to do?" I asked him while looking straight into his eyes.

"I don't know maybe a cup of coffee someday?" He suggested, showing his pearly white teeth.

"Well, if that is what you want then, it's fine with me." I told him while crossing my hand across my chest and looked away from him.

"Hey, just curious what are you doing here?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm here because I am following you." He simply said that to me.

My both of my eyes go wide. "What?"

"Just kidding, I am here because I have something to do with my gan- friends." He looked away from me and turned his head towards the sky.

If , I am not mistaken did he just said gang? Like those people in a group of people who are criminals? Just before I want to ask him, he cut me off "Hey, look at the sky, its full of stars and a bright round full moon in the middle." He did not leave his gaze from the sky. I turned and looked at the sky and it definitely took my breath away. It has been so long since I look at the sky during the night. Maybe, it is because I was busy the whole time or I just do not have the time to appreciate the beauty of the sky at night or maybe both.

"Which do you prefer the stars or the moon?" He asked me.

"The stars." I told him.

"Me too. I felt that everybody just pay attention to the moon and nobody cares about how bright the stars shine beside the moon. The stars are like outcasts they never really fit into anything but they don't need to fit into anything because their beauty overpowers the moon and the sun no matter how bright they shine." ( I know the sun is one of the stars in the galaxy but this is just a part of a story.)

"It's so ...." I struggled a little to find the right word.

"Breathtaking." We said at the same time and chuckled a little. When I turned to look at him, he was already looking at me. Correction, staring at me. My heart skipped a beat.

"Wha-What are you looking at?" He took a couple of steps forward and I quickly to a few steps backwards until my back hit the wall. He came so close to me that our breath mixed together. He leaned in and I panicked. The next thing that I know he was covering his nose and stumble back.

"Do you really have to punch me in the nose?"

"What were you trying to do just now?" I moved in front of the restaurant.

Someone was coming out of the restaurant. He suddenly grabbed my shoulders and pulled me towards him. My eyes widen at that sudden action. "No-." "Shh, geez , there is something on your hair and I tried to get it, okay? That's it, Nothing more, nothing less." He told me.

I pushed him away from me and took a step back.

"Well how am I supposed to know what you want to do. I am not a mind reader. You all of a sudden come close to me and never mind." I sighed.

"Oh! Forgot to ask you this, why did you help me in the restaurant just now?"

"I told you before that I felt like punching that dude face and I just did" He told me proudly.