|eighteen|

Early chapter because you guys are the bomb.com and deserve it.

><Garroth><

After the concert, I grabbed Aphmau's arm and pulled her away from the staff crowding around her, dragging her into a far corner. I crossed my arms and said in all seriousness, "What is going on with you?"

A look of being taken aback spread across her face, "What do you mean?"

"You know damn well what I mean," I stated, "You were always so cheery before Alex came along, and then all of a sudden you go quiet when we start dating. What is that for?"

Her eyes lowered and her mouth opened as if wanting to say something, but closed just as quickly as it opened.

"Well?"

"I-It's nothing..."

"It is not nothing, Aphmau. I know for certain it isn't."

There was a long period of uncomfortable silence before she raised her eyes to look at my own, "Meet me in my dressing room in ten minutes." She walked off, her head low. My eyes were unintentionally narrowed as I watched her leave.

><Aphmau><

The ten minutes seemed to come and go faster than I wished it would have. There was a knock at the door and my quiet, "Come in," followed it. He closed the door and locked it, for I guessed he wanted an explanation without an interruption.

"So?" He cocked an eyebrow, crossed his arms, and leaned against the door as he gazed at me.

"I'm just going to come out and say it," I took a deep breath, "I used to like you, Garroth."

His gaze softened as there was silence between us. I stood up from my chair and set my phone down on the vanity, taking a step toward him, "But I learned that you and Alex love each other."

The next words that came out of his mouth were a wave of shock, "I thought I loved Alex." The next thing I knew, he had crashed his lips into mine. I instinctively kissed him back, but my thoughts came as a disruption.

You can't do this.

You'll hurt Alex.

Stop.

I pulled away, tears swimming in my eyes, and spoke as my voice cracked, "I can't do this, Garroth. So many people will be hurt." Again.

I grabbed my stuff and left the room, tears pouring down my face. I reached Katelyn, and when she saw my emotional state, she opened her arms, letting me sob into her shoulder as she stroked my back soothingly.

"I-I can't handle it, Kate," I choked out, her shushing quieting my voice. "I can't handle him."

"Don't worry. I know your pain."

"W-what?" I pulled away, finding tears in her own eyes as we held onto each other's elbows.

"Jeffory... he—uh—he broke up with me. He was leaving for a foreign country; he wouldn't tell me where."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"You had so much on your mind."

After several minutes of us not talking op and not moving a muscle, "Want to get some ice cream and drown in our sorrows?" I suggested.

"Absolutely," she smiled slightly.

~~~

What did I write? ;-; Omi

Mwah!
~Tara