29

Monday Morning Eva's POV

The city seemed so slow today. Traffic was horrible, as ever. The city was packed as usual but everything seemed to be slowed. I entered RCA and headed up to my office but Calvin stopped me.

"Uh why are you back so early? You weren't supposed to come in until tomorrow" he stated.

"Some shit went down and now I'm back. I couldn't be happier to be back at work"I smiled.

"Mmhmm. Well since your here here's some copies that need to be put in folders, folders that need to be put away, and files that need to be filed. Welcome back!" He said sarcastically.

"Yeah whatever" I said grabbing the work and headed to my office. Dropping off the stack of work to my office Neil came and paid me a surprising visit.

"Good morning Eva!".

"Good morning Neil".

As I organized my desk I noticed he was looking at me still. This was a bit awkward. I tried not to make much eye contact which worked the first 18 seconds that he was staring. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"Your probably wondering why I'm here right".

Well that was part of it.

"Uh yes" I responded.

"We haven't spoken in a while and I thought I'd come down and have a talk with you".

Oh shit.

"What would you like to talk about?" I asked having a seat at my desk and Neil doing the same on the other side.

"Well Bryson and I have a close relationship and I just want to hear a bit from you".

I was crossing my fingers hoping I wouldn't get fired.

"Okay. Well um. First off I will be leaving on September 4th on a Friday and I will be working in Stanford California. My contract ends on the 1st of September and I will not be renewing my contract".

Neil looked a mixture of hurt, disappointment and angry. I felt really bad now.

"Well then. As much as I hate to let you go I have to. As you know when someone leaves you have to get a replacement. Since I've been knowing this situation for some time I already have a replaceme-".

"Wait Neil! Please don't fire me".

"No I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say that I already have a replacement and you can meet her tomorrow morning, but she won't be working until the 7th. Usually once your contract ends and you don't renew you have to go, but I'll let you finish off the week, making your last day on the 4th of September" he assured me.

"Thank you. I thought you were going to fire me"I told him.

"No. But Bryson has been telling me that you two have been hooking up".

Oh. My. Gosh.

My heart was pounding so fast and I was starting to sweat.

"Um yes we have" I said honestly.

"You know that you guys shouldn't be hooking up right".

"Yes".

"See my thing is with the whole hooking up with my boss thing is not really my issue. My issue is when you two stop doing your jobs. If I have to come down here and warm you guy's again. Someone's getting fired. I'm not saying you cant date or hang out just stay on top of your game"he told me.

"Yes sir".

"Other than that I've been hearing good reports about you. Are you excited about this move to Miami".