13.

Kai P.O.V.

"Okay this is the last of it Kai." My dad said setting the box down in my dorm room.

"Thanks Daddy." I said dejected as I sat on the twin bed. He gave me look of sympathy before coming over to take a seat beside me.

"Look princess, I know how much you miss Brandon. But don't let that be a barrier to you enjoying your new-found freedom and college itself." He said.

I did miss Brandon terribly and it's only been 12 hours since we been apart. And I know he felt the same because we been calling and texting non stop.

"I know Daddy. It's just I'm exhausted from that long ride. " I lied.

He nodded. "Well get some sleep. Meanwhile, I'm going to get going. Your car is outside and if you need anything, Jia's sister live right around the corner from here. And remember to call me at least two times a day."

"Okay Daddy. " I said to keep him from rambling on even more. He chuckled before hugging me.

"Bye Baby girl.I love you." He sounded sad to go.

"Bye Daddy. I love you too." I said little sad myself. He then left. When I saw Brandon hadn't text back yet, I started to unpack.

"You need some help with that?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to a pretty , tall brown skinned girl.

"Yes please " I replied looking around at all the clothes I had to unpack.  The girl then came over and started one suitcase.

"By the way, I'm Charisma Victor but you can call me Ceecee or Rissy" She said as we unpacked together.

" I'm Sekai. But you can call me Kai "

"Sekai as in Sekai Fitzgerald?" She ask with a somewhat shock look on her face.

"Yes. Why the face?" I looked at her weirdly.

"Omg, so you're the girl that has this whole campus raving with excitement. And you're my roommate?" She started smiling really big.

I laughed at how happy she was. "I guess and what do you mean 'the whole campus raving with excitement.' ?"

"Well  with you on the women's basketball team and Ben Simmons on the men's ,everyone feels like y'all can take us all the way this year. " Charisma said confidently. I smiled at the thought of winning a championship my first year at LSU.

"Well I guess we'll have to see." I said going back to the unpacking process.

"Alright Risma this better be the last bag ." I heard a deep voice say from the door. I looked to see this tall, fine chocolate boy. He wasn't as fine as Brandon but still cute regardless.

"It is I promise. " Ceecee giggled taking the bag from the boy. He turned towards me when he notice me staring.

"And who is this ?" He said giving me a sexy smile.

"Oh this is Sekai Fitzgerald. " She said putting emphasis on my last name. "And Sekai this is my twin brother Craig Victor the 3rd."

So Ceecee's brother was the starting power forward for LSU. Craig then came over to shake my hand. "Wow, so this is Ben's equivalent in basketball. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I said before going back to unpacking. Ceecee and her brother talk for a few more minutes before he left to go back to his apartment across campus.

"So there's a orientation happening today in 2 hours. Since we're both basketball players. We'll be meeting in the gym with rest of the mens and women's basketball players." Ceecee informed me. I nodded as I finish with the unpacking and made my way to take a much needed hot shower.