08.

Kai's P.O.V.

Everything was a blur as I walked back on the main court with Brandon and made instant eye contact with the one and only Justice Winslow.

*FlashBlack*
Third Person P.O.V.

The rain came down hard on Kai's head as she made her way up to the Ingram's Household. Coming up to the house, she knocked softly. Not wanting to wake anyone up since it was 10 something at night. But at the same time she just experienced her first heartbreak and she needed her best friend at this point.

Brandon who was on the phone at the time heard the knock.

"Hold up, Cassie. I think someone at the door." He said tossing his cell phone on the bed and running downstairs to the front door. Opening the door , he was greeted by the tear stained face of his bestfriend. To say she looked a mess to Brandon was an understatement. Her hair was all kinds of frizzy and wet from the rain, her eyes were bloodshot red and swollen and every article of clothing on her was soaking wet.

"He cheated , B." was all Kai manage to choke out before continuing the crying spell from earlier. The image of Justise having sex with girl she suspected he was messing with behind her back kept replaying in her head.

Knowing his bestfriend needed him, B reached out to pulled her into his arms. Her knees begin to buckle so he slowly sunk to the floor with her.

"It's okay Kai." He whispered into her hair while rubbing the small of her back. "He didn't deserve you anyways."

Kai, not believing this at all, bit her lip to keep from full blown whaling.

B sense this and gave Kai one last kiss on the head before taking her upstairs and giving her some baller shorts and a t shirt to change into after taking a whole hot shower. After she came out Brandon made sure to have some hot cocoa waiting for her.

"How could he do this B? I been nothing but loyal to him. " Kai said her eyes getting watery for the 6 time that afternoon.

"Cause he dumb Kai. He didn't realize what he had." Brandon told her taking the cup of cocoa out of her hands and pulling her into his chest.

Kai sighed and snuggled into her best friend's chest as the tears continue to run down her face.

Brandon tried his best to comfort her by whispering sweet nothings in her ear. It hurt him to see her cry but he knew it was for the best.

After a while the tears stop for Kai and was replaced by a feeling of numbness. She was worn out from the events of the day, all she wanted to do was sleep right now.

"B ?" Kai asked her voice croaky.

"Yeah ? " B answer looking down at the love of his life in his arm.

"I love you ," Kai said softly before closing her eyes to seek out some sleep.

B still looked down at Kai. A worried expression on his face. When he saw the rise and fall of her chest, he became content.

"I love you too Kai. " He said pulling her closer and kissing her on the cheek. Then falling to sleep himself.

******

Kai's P.O.V.

"Tyus , Quinn, and Justise ! " Coach K yelled to the three causing them to stop middrills and walk over to him.

Brandon sense my nervousness and squeeze my hand for reassurance.

"Guys, this is Brandon Ingram. He's number 12 in the ESPN 100 and is highly considering Duke. " Coach K informed the three. "Why don't you three introduce yourselfs then show him some of the plays we have drawn up for him."