02.

Brandon P.O.V

Ring Ring Ring

The bell signaled for the Kinston High School students to go to lunch. I began the walk to cafeteria to meet up with my boys Ryan and Jaylon.

"Wassup." I said sitting down at our usual table.

"What's cracking nephew ?" Jaylon said dapping me up.

"I don't see yo shadow with you. Where she at?" Ryan said looking around the cafe for Kai.

"I don't know I haven't seen her since last night." I told him checking my phone for a text from Kai but didn't see any.

After Kai fell to sleep in my arms last night, I kissed her on the head, then left before Daniel ,her dad, got back home. I wished I could've stayed longer because I really did miss her.

I talked to my boys for few minutes before I heard somebody yell my name. I turned to see Cassie with her little two minions following right behind her. I inwardly groan. I didn't have time for her little crew mess. They were always saying some slick shit when Kai gets around. Kai usually ignores it but I'm not for it today. Luckily her friends became to wrap up in Ryan and Jaylon.

"Heey Baby. " Cassie said taking a seat next to me and giving me a peck on the lips.

"Wassup," I said.

Cassie was mad cool. She was pretty. She won't a hoe and she isn't no dumb little cheerleader. But she had her flaws like blowing me up every second of the day to see what I'm doing, who I'm doing it with, where I'm doing. But I honestly can't blame her, she's trying to lockdown the finest boy in Kinston High.

"I miss you, how come you ain't come see me none this weekend?" She said frowning.

I shrugged. "I was in Georgia all weekend."

"With your family?"

"Yep ." I said looking around the cafe for Kai again.When I look back at Cassie she was mean mugging me.

"What? " I said furrowing my brows confused on to what cause this sudden change of mood.

"Nothing." She said attempting to get up and walk away but couldn't after I reached out and grab her by her hand.

"What's wrong Cass ?" I asked as she sat back down.

"I just find it crazy how I've been dating you for almost half a year and you have yet to introduce me to your family. But everytime I look on insta, or twitter Kai always got a picture up with your mom , or sister or aunt. Every little event you invite Kai. Your Aunts' pool party? Kai. Your family cookout? Kai. Church ? Kai. Like dang Brandon I know she your best friend and yall are really close. But at the same time I'm your girlfriend and I don't even do half the things yall do. " She complained.

I ran my hand down my face. I don't have time for the same old argument with her. It always end with the same thing.

"I'll introduce you to my family when I'm ready. " I told her.

"You always say that,Brandon. But its been almost 6 months and you have yet to be ready." She said clearly irritated.

I like Cass but I don't love her. I don't wanna introduce nobody to my family if I wasn't sure on our future with each other. Plus I know they would act funny towards her because they wanted me to be with Kai. I ain't want Cassie to faced all that hostility from them.

"You know what," Cass said standing up. "Bye Brandon let me know when you ready to stop playing games." She then walked away with the rest of her crew .I finally saw Kai walked in just as Cassie was leaving.