Chapter 2

------Nicole------

After a perfect night with Kai I walked into the house with my dad but before I got in, I noticed how he was looking at Kai, with a mad-looking facial expression.

 Did he not trust Kai? I'm home and I'm fine with no scratches or bruises. Why did he look at him like that?

"Hey daddy!" I said then hugged him tightly with a big smile.

"Hey," He said. "How was your night?"

"It was awesome, dad! I had a great time! Thanks for letting me go!"

"Anything for you, sweetheart. He didn't harass you or touch you? Did he?"

I looked at him like he was retarded. "No dad, he was the perfect gentleman." I corrected. "Kai treated me to dinner at a fancy restaurant and I enjoyed every minute of it."

Dad gave me the kind of smile that usually means,"I'll buy that, for now." I'll take that smile as an I love you and your boyfriend is a good guy smile.

I never knew why my father didn't like Kai. Him and mom have already met him and afterwards they didn't have any bad comments so....I'm confused.

I headed up to my room and placed my things on my desk. Then I took off my shoes and socks and slid my slippers on. Feeling comfortable, I walked across the hall to my twin brother, Nick, to see what he was up to.

"Nick?" I said peeking my head into his room.

"What?" He answered.

"What are you doing?" I was bored so that was the only question I could think of at the moment.

"Playing a game. Why? What do you want?" He said while continuing to play his video game. He didn't even look at me. He was really focused on that game.

"Nothing," I stepped closer inside and jumped onto the bed, crawled behind Nick, and annoyingly wrapped my arms around his neck. He hates that, especially if I kiss him on the cheek. "Just wanted to say hi to my awesome brother. That's all. There's absolutely nothing else I---" I kissed him on the cheek and ran out of his room. The last thing I felt before I completely got out was a the pillow he threw at me.

It softly hit my back.

After that I simply walked back to my room and opened my books for homework. I hated homework but I knew I had to do it. Mathematics was my worst subject. I could never get the material and the worst part of it is, is that when I did get it, It was after we'd taken the test. I didn't like that about me.

I was also a hard girl to teach when It came to math because I would think either to hard or not hard enough.

Trying to get my mind off of work, I thought about Kai and how he was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I can't believe I have a great boyfriend like him.

I only wonder if he's thinking the same way about me?

--------Kai--------

"Get away from her!" I yelled at the group of guys surrounding my little sister. I only wonder, "Why didn't I go get her instead of having her meet me?"

If I would've taken the time to find her instead of being lazy, we would be at home safe. And I won't have to fight for my life and Mia's. But the problem was, I was kind of tired from my date with Nicole.

"Nah bruh, this ain't none of yo business." The tallest of them all said to me.

"Bruh, Ima tell you this one more time. Get....away...from.....her!" My hands stared to shake and my adrenaline started to rush like crazy. I didn't usually fight. I was one of those guys who didn't fight, but would if they had to and I had to.

One guy started to ignore me and get closer to Mia. 

She looked terrified but tried to fight to get away from them.

When the leader tried to kiss her, that's when I lost it.

I ran over to him and pushed him off of her and onto the ground. That's also when the rest of the gang pushed me down and pounded me into the ground. I couldn't really see how many there were but there must've been about six guys on me.

Luckily I had some experience in karate from when I was younger and sprung up.

I fought and fought and fought until I took down at least four guys. Then Mia shouted," Kai! Kai help me!" I looked around for her and when I saw her I ran to her and tried to grab her but when I tried I was held back.

The two remaining gang members help each of my arms back so their leader could take a few free hits.

And he did.

I fell from all of the pain coming from every part of my body, especially my chest. They continued to pound on me and this time his boys that I took down were back up helping them hurt me. I don't know if anything else bad could happen. I began to blackout alittle.

The sound of a cars' tires screeching brought me back. Seconds later the gang ran as fast as they could away from me. I looked over to see Mia in my car, the car that scared the members away. That was the last thing I saw before totally blacking out.