Chapter 6

Hello everyone I just wanted to say thanks a million for reading my story and hope that you're enjoing it!!!

PeacexLovex PandaBears

----Nicole----

Finally, the last period of the day.

I am so sleepy and just ready to go home right now. It just sucks that I have loads of homework that  I only understand half of. I guess I should ask more questions but what's the point? Right?

"I want everyone to research some of the most common diseases in America tonight." Mr. Watkins started to say before the bell rang. "Everyone have a blessed evening and make sure you take notes on the topic I just gave you!" Everyone hurried out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway.

"Nicole, could you come over to my desk for a moment?" Mr. Watkins asked me just before my foot stepped out of his classroom. I walked over to his desk.

"Yes Mr. Watkins?"

"Nicole, I wanted to inform you that you are among the few that are failing my class." He informed, looking at his computer screen. Apparently my grades were on there.

"Are you serious? How can I be failing? I turn in all of my assignments." I explained hoping he's joking or making a complete error.

"No, I'm afraid that I am. If your grade gets any lower, you might have to report to summer school." Summer school? Oh no, I cannot go to summer school. I plan on doing things and going places with Kai and my family. I expect to have the wind in my hair and the sun on my face, on my way to florida where beautiful beaches and palm trees live. Summer school was not an option for me at all.

I sighed."Well could I get like some extra credit or something? There has to be something I can do."

He took a moment to think. "I suppose you could either improve, get tutoring, or collaborate with another failing student in the class."

"I'll improve, Mr. Watkins. I promise I'll do better and If I don't, I guess ill choose tutoring."

"See that you do Miss Porter, otherwise I'm going to have to fail you." He warned.

"Yes, sir." I left the room and into the semi-crowded hallway filled with couples making out and groups of nosy girls listening to the latest juicy gossip. As I gathered my things and closed my locker I grew bored and decided to check out Nick at his football tryout. Maybe they could entertain me by knocking eachother's brains out. I laughed and headed towards the football field.

----Kai----

Ahhh yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was ready. I was determined. I was Kai Cahill and ready to smoke every last dude who wanted my position. Coach Wiever called everyone's name and placed us according to what position we wanted to try out for. Suprisingly, there was only me and this Nick guy Mia was aweing about. When I looked at his, to my suprise, the Nick she was talking about..................was Nicholas, Nicole's twin brother.

I didn't care who he was, all I know is that I was going to prove Mia wrong by beating this guy and taking the postiion that is rightfully mine.

After a few stretches, we began to start tryouts.

"I want Porter and Cahill." Coach called us to the center of the field. "Okay. Since there is only two of you going out for quarterback, I wanna see how fast you can run. When I blow this whistle, I want both of you to run from here, to the twenty yard mark, then run down to the other twenty, and back here. Got it?" We both nodded and got into a regular running position awaiting the sound of the whistle.

The whistle blew and off we went.

40....30..20...30...50...

The yards were zooming under my feet. With Nicholas slightly behind me I tried to pick up the speed. Then I heard, "Go Nick! You can do it!" It was the voice of Mia. Traitor. I didn't pay attention to her but after she said that, Nick got faster....What the hell?

Within a few more seconds I grew tired and couldn't get any more faster. "Kai, you can do this!" I heard another voice scream, but it wasn't Mia. I knew that sweet tone of voice anywhere....that was by baby, Nicole. When she cheered, she gave me motivation. I caught up with Nick.

50....40..30..10

We were finally done.

I was totally out of breath. With my hands on my knees and breath slowly slowing, I wondered who won?

----Nicholas----

"There's no way I lost." I said to myself. There was absolutely no way. I was so much faster than Kai and I wasn't going to let him make me look bad in front of my new girl, Mia. Mia was so fine. Nice face, nice eyes. and amazing bod.

"Great job boys, you both made a minute and ten seconds." Coach Wiever complimented. Thats what I call speed. I am so good. "Suprisingly you two finished at the same time."

Dang! Everyone clapped for us, even the people in the bleachers cheering us on.

"Nice guys."  A guy named Isaiah complimented. I nodded out of respect and the fact that I couldn't hardly breathe. My chest was locking up and breathing came difficult. No matter how hard I tried to, I could hardly breathe. What the hell is happening to me?

My knees began to fall and I lay flat on the turf, gasping for air. What was happening?

"Nicholas? What's wrong, son? Are you alright?" Coach Wiever asked me, hovering over me.

"Nick, you ai'ight?" Asked Kai. I couldn't respond, I couldnt even gather the breath to say anything. My chest was getting tighter and air couldn't get in. This has never happened before.

I was still gasping.

"Omg! Nicholas!" Nicole came to my side and tried to help me. "Nick, what's wrong? Can you breathe?"

I blacked out. Was I going to die?