Chappie 39

-Harry's POV-

Everyone was standing in circles, just talking. Most of the people were crowded around Gabriella and Steve. Their wedding had been ruined.

I started walking, making sure my footsteps were quiet so no one would notice me.

I had to find her.

I was nearly at the car, no one had noticed me - thank goodness.

"Harry?! What are you doing!"Gemmas voice whisper-shouted. Of course, I had just jinxed it.

"Going to find Lexi" I replied simply, opening he car door and hopping in.

"How could you?! You just ruined their wedding, AND Lexi!" She said angrily, hopping in the passenger side.

"I never said you were coming with me. Please get out" I said, no emotion in my voice.

"I'm not getting out Harry." She said. Stubborn as always.

I rolled my eyes to myself and started the engine and she strapped in.

"Tell me Harry! Why?!" She asked once we had gotten out onto the open road.

"No! Tell me why you believe the paps and their stupid stories that they, or someone, made up!" I shouted.

"What are you talking about!" She said back.

"I had a theory... only one person would do something like this!" I said.

"Who?! You aren't making sense!" She said throwing her hands up.

"Jaymee. She told the paps all that shit about me cheating on Lexi with her. So then she would get more publicity! She was trying to get Lexi out of the picture.. she has been the whole time.." I said the last part mostly to myself, finally coming to realization. My brows furrowed in thought and Gemma was speechless.

"What? So you didn't do anything? She was trying to get with you.. but needed Lexi out of the picture and to hate you for it to happen?!" She asked.

"Exactly." I nodded and concentrated on the deserted road.

"Wow." She said and slumped back on her chair.

"I still can't believe she would ruin her mothers wedding though." She sighed.

"She probably didn't like the idea of her mum putting more attention on him" I smirked, but it quickly faded.

"Yeah.. So how are you gonna find her?" Gemma asked.

"I will drive around and look for her. She has to be somewhere in town" I said.

"Yup. Do you think we should call the others?" She asked.

"No." I replied.

"Whatever you say" She said and I continued driving. It was nearly pitch black now.

We sat in silence for about five minutes and the road seemed like it would never end. It was just going straight so far, with the occasional turn. It was in the middle of nowhere.

"Hey, whats that?" Gemma asked, pointing out of the window.

There was a large object a little bit down a hill in the grass. It was lit up a bit from my headlights and it was creating a big shadow.

"I don't know.." I said. As we got closer I could see that there was a bit of smoke coming from it.

"What the heck?!" I squinted at it.

"Harry! Skid marks! They look new!" Gemma pointed a bit further a head on the road, close to the object.

"Someone must of had a crash" I said frowning.