Chapter 23

Emma went to the tailor's wing in the castle. Fabrics lined the walls and so did a bunch of desks. Rulers, tape measures, and many other measuring sticks littered the room. A woman ran up to Emma and stood in front of her. "Your majesty, what can we do for you?" The woman asked.

"Killian and I are arranging our marriage. I need a wedding dress," Emma explained.

"Oh! We can start one now if you'd like. Step over here and we can get your measurements." The woman snapped her fingers and more ladies came rushing in, "my name is Ashley and I am the head designer. Now, what would you like your dress to look like?"

"Well, I wanted it in a sort of mermaid style. Jewels on the torso area?"

"I can picture it now," Ashley said as she and the other ladies took the measurements. "Your dress will be done at the end of the week."

"Ashley, don't rush with it. We haven't even set a date yet."

"Yes ma'am. I'll let you know as soon as it is done."

"And don't let Killian see it. If he asks, tell him that you have direct orders from me not to show him." Ashley nodded and started plucking white fabrics off the walls. Emma left the wing and went to the ballroom. She wanted to start her plans for decorating it. In her mind, she was picturing everything she wanted to do and how to decorate it.

"I'm picturing flowers in every corner. Balloons, streamers, anything beautiful. Just like you," Neal said from behind her.

Emma rolled her eyes, "I don't have time for you."

"I just wanted to see how you were feeling."

"I'm fine," although that wasn't entirely true.

"Em, you still can't lie to me."

She sighed. "My magic's gone. Rumplestiltskin stole it so he could get something. I don't think I'll be getting it back."

"You will. Just have hope," he said with a smile and then left the ballroom.

Emma sighed. She saw a flower pot with a wilting narcissus flower in it. She touched it and tried to make it alive again, but it wasn't working. Tears sprung to her eyes. She couldn't do this. Killian had no idea what he was getting himself into. He couldn't love her now. She wasn't like him anymore. She wasn't immortal, she didn't have magic, but she was pretending that everything was okay. "Don't worry, love. We'll get everything situated. You'll get your power back," Killian encouraged. He stood behind her and put his hands on her arms.

"What if we don't? I'm so screwed."

"Oh, Emma. I can love a mortal just as much as I can love a Goddess. But whether you have magic or not, you are my Queen. My Goddess. And nothing is going to change that." He kissed her cheek and worked down her neck and jawline.

"Killian," she moaned as he started sucking her skin.

"Don't resist this. You know you love it." He laid sucking kisses there that would surely leave marks.

"Let's take this upstairs," she said breathlessly.

He took his mouth off of her and backed her up to the wall. "This is my castle. My ballroom. If I want to have ravish you in my ballroom, then I bloody well can," he growled playfully and kissed her passionately. He moved his hands around her and placed them on her ass. He tapped her, silently telling her to jump up. She did and locked her ankles around his waist. Killian pinned her against the wall with his waist, and kept one arm under her as the other reached under her dress.

"Killian..." She moaned even louder.

"I love you," he whispered on her lips and kissed her again.