♦ Prologue ♦

◄ Prologue 

○ Raindrops mingled with the teardrops streaming down everyone's in the funeral face. It was the middle of January, and the rain was more of a downpour than a shower. Even the skies were crying over his death. Among the crowd stood a girl with two hazel watery eyes staring blankly at his coffin as the priest read some verses from the bible, followed by some prays. 

    No one could have ever imagined that Larry Caldwell, the guy who has always been there for everyone, who has never hurt anyone, who was the captain of the Mary-Falls High basketball team, would lay as a dead lifeless body in a coffin in front of them one day.

    After everything was over and everyone left, came Julie, Larry's younger sister, holding a small wooden box in her hands. "Robin !" She mumbled tapping the girl's with the hazel eyes shoulder. Robin turned to her with the same blank expression on her face. 

     "Larry.." Julie swallowed hard. "He wanted you to have this." She said faintly handling her the wooden box. Robin took the box quietly without uttering a word. 

   Larry's sudden death affected everyone in the small village of Mary Falls, even those who barely knew him. It mostly affected Robin. She hasn't spoke to anyone since she received that telegraph informing her of his death. Robin has known Larry a year ago. When her family moved to Mary Falls, he was her first and only friend. In fact, he wasn't just a friend he was a bit more, he meant everything to her, but she never knew how he felt about her.

   Holding the box, she realized that she was the only one in the graveyard. She didn't feel like leaving, she wanted to stay for a little while with him. Reading the words engraved on his grave-stone, she knelt down sobbing. 

    "Larry Van Caldwell. 1975-1993" She murmured shaking. She has finally accepted the fact of his death. She cried for the second time in her life. The first was when she left Mary Falls a month ago. 

    Robin tried to open the box several times, but she could not. Sorrow made her weaker than an ant. 

    After a lot of failed attempts, she finally was able to unlock it. Inside the box, there was a bunch of letters tied together with a pink ribbon. She untied the ribbon calmly. 

    Her vision was very blurred, but she managed to read what was written on them. Each letter had something written on it. "Read when..It's January." was written on the first one. "Read when..It's February" was on the second letter. Every letter had "Read when..It's...." written on it, but the months were different. They were twelve letters. Each letter had a different month.

   She opened the first envelope, trembling. She took out the letter and she began to read it with her eyes. ○

                               ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ 

 Edited by : @EatingNutellaAllDay ♥ She's amazing =) x

That was a one long prologue, sorry ;)  

I hope you enjoy the rest of the book, I know that the idea isn't very original, but I felt like writing it ♥