Fire and Rain

The one I loved tore my heart to pieces. I trusted him completely and I was wrong to do so. He was supposed to be my best friend, a forever friend, I believed he'd be my person, the one who was my home. But after all the pain I had to endure the fire. That burning pain of finally walking away. Those blue eyes and that goofy smile would creep into my dreams awaking me with tears in my eyes.

Even when I thought I'd found the one to pull me from this fire he couldn't do it I was left one foot in and one foot out..he couldn't finish the job of saving me. Then came my beautiful firefighter. He too had blue eyes and that same blonde hair. But when I looked at him I didn't see the one who broke my heart I saw this man who had come a long way for another girl, one who eventually hurt him and left him suffering.

I liked to believe we saved each other but you can't save someone unless they want to be saved..so here I am finally standing on solid ground trying so hard to pull him from the rushing waves of his past mistakes that have pushed his family so far out to sea that they don't see him struggling for shore. But I will be here. I will stand here watching the horizon even through the stormy nights waiting to see just the faintest glimpse of his hand reaching out for me. Even if the time comes and I've found someone else I will be here waiting for him to see that he is not alone.

He has saved me, now it's my turn to save him. Even though he is not actually mine he will forever be my firefighter because he saved me from the engulfing flames that only one other could approach, but even he couldn't completely pull me from the flame.

This beautiful stranger walked into my line of sight, returned my look of lost hope and strode into the flames without so much as blinking. He then swept me off my feet and carried me to safety. And as he set me down his past caught up to him and now he is gone from sight but I know he's fighting with all his might. That must have been the difference in their eyes. This stranger, my firefighter.....he is just that...A FIGHTER, and he will make it through the storm.
///
It was the same couch I had once sat on with that blue eyed beast where this beautiful man held me tight and told me I was beautiful. When our lips touched it was magic. When he held me I felt protected not like as though I couldn't breathe.. And when I say I couldn't breathe I don't mean in the literal sense. That blue eyed beast I'd thought would be the one had nearly isolated me from all who loved me he had taken my soul and hidden it somewhere and I never thought I'd find it again..but somehow this stranger has brought me back to life and I will do all I can to save him from the rushing waters of his past.

AN:I do not own these cover photos. My writings are also on tumblr.

Update: I kind of hate this post...I mean yeah he definitely helped me out of the rut I was in but he was/is/will not (be) the guy for me.