Lift Off

Desi P.O.V-

As the plane began to lift off, I looked across the city with its glimmering lights. It made me feel optimistic in an odd way. Almost as if a new chapter of my life has began. Even at the crisp age of 22. Finally, change. No matter if it was good it bad, I was just glad for change. Beautiful, you can get inspiration from just about anywhere. Beginning this trip to New York was a dream. I couldn't believe it.
"Darlin' are you wanting a  beverage?" A sweet flight attendant asked with a southern accent. "Ginger Ale, please." I responded. After she wrote down my order, she went on to the other people. There was a girl sitting next to me that was currently ordering. The girl was wearing a navy blue skater skirt with some knee high socks, and a black Long sleeve. Great taste, I thought to myself.

"So, why are you going to New York?" The girl suddenly said turning toward me. "Oh, I'm a photographer. I've been offered a position at Time magazine." I replied a little too enthusiastically. "Ah. That's cool. What's your name?" The girl asked. "My name's Desi. Desi Princely." I answered. "And you?" I asked back. "My name's Harmony, Harmony Camille. Nice to meet you." Harmony said as she stuck out her hand for me to shake. "Why are you going to New York?" I questioned after we shook hands. "Well, I'm a journalist, for the times... Or will be soon." Harmony replied. "Nice. Guess were both living our dreams." I said. She nodded with a smile.
I sat back, put in my earphones, and closed my eyes. I couldn't wait. This was it. I was about to begin a new chapter of my life.
After the plane had landed, I called a taxi and headed to my new apartment. I had an overnight flight, so it was now the morning.  The apartment looked amazing. Well, it wasn't really an apartment, it was a studio. I had a roommate too, which I was anxious to meet. When I arrived, I put my luggage down and flopped on the couch. As soon as I did, I heard a voice from the kitchen saying, "So, my roommate finally arrived!" The voice sounded vaguely familiar. A woman came out of the kitchen. I looked carefully at her and realised it was Harmony. "Harmony?!" I said going up to her. "Oh! Hey!" Harmony said giving me a hug. "I can't believe we're roommates!" Harmony said releasing from our hug. "Yeah! That's awesome!" I replied smiling. After we fretted each other, Harmony helped me with my bags to my room. I was glad to see a friendly face. Harmony was genuinely very sweet, I had a feeling we were going to be good friends.