THIRTEEN ❅ MAMA

Song recommended while reading this chapter - love yourself - by Justin Bieber

-------------------------------
M A C
-------------------------------

(Mac's first point of view!)

"What if I don't trust him?" I murmured unsure.

"Well, I guess that's the whole point of the exercise. To learn to trust."

She assures me, it wasn't the fact that I was scared to fall more so the fact to know if I really could trust him or not. Everyone else was already moving up the ranks; falling off higher grounds. Yet, we were still on the first floor with no difference in levels. Just flat, cushioned flooring.

"Come on." Alex rolls his eyes, this doesn't help the situation in the slightest.

Call it what you will, 'trust issues' but it was more then that. I was living under the same roof as the guy for crying out loud. To know that I couldn't trust him was a big thing for me. Maybe I was making too much of a fuss out of it -which, I knew I was, but couldn't help.

I take in a deep breath. Here it goes. Closing my eyes, I make sure my back is perfectly inline with him before I let myself fall back.

Panic begins to set into me when I realize I've fallen back quite a bit and I'm ready to brace myself for the impact but he pulls me up at the very last second before I come in tact with the ground.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it?" I huff, making my way past Alex.

"Not at all, Alex, you're such a legend." Alex answers himself. I storm off to the other side of the gymnasium.

There's bleachers lined up in the hall. And I'm prepared to take a seat on it until I spot a basket full of basketballs. School supplies. I just become a senior at the school, tenth grade to be exact and we weren't granted access to any of it still, but I didn't care right now.

Looking over Alex was waiting with his arms out to catch someone from their fall. It was great to know that I could 'trust' Alex, I mean, barely but I suppose I still -not really- could and that's all that counts right?

I frown when I see the brunette falling into his arms, I try my best to brush it off. So, instead I pick up the basketball and start warming up by alternating dribbling through my legs.

"Mac!" Her voice doesn't seem to surprise me. I give her a side glance before I stop taking layups and switch to doing threes so I can listen to her.

"Here, here, I'm open, one-two? one-two." I keep down my laugh as she calls for the ball, it takes me a moment but I pass it to her.

She takes the ball running, the biggest travel I've seen in my entire life but I don't say anything, instead watch as she proceeds to take the shot.

She throws it straight up into the air before looking around as if confused to where it went. I run over reaching over her head before it knocks her out.

"You're the best basketball player I've ever seen in my entire life." I say jokingly as she smiles back triumphantly.

"Why I know." She teases before lying a peck on my lips. I wanted to kiss her, but all of the same it was all so wrong and-

"Mac?" Kendall calls out concerned.

For a moment I forgot I was sitting with her in this car and I was currently in the present, not the past.

"Whose Crystal?" I can tell Kendall is growing impatient and I can't stall any longer.

"She's nobody."